2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

You beat me to it Cary. Musgrave should have never been hired in this role. Reports mentioned that the Broncos were after Case for a number of years. Did they learn anything from U of H, rams & the Vikings last year? It is not a coincidence that Case & Geoff played poorly under Boras. They both got a new OC & all of a sudden they look like different players? Geoff has the same OC. Case has Musgrave enough said.

4 Likes

Hey… my QB is really good, almost elite at doing this thing. Let’s never do that thing.

We can’t pretend that Case is playing well. He isn’t, but at least put him in situations to succeed.

Case isn’t playing well, just like in L.A. And, just like in LA, he is not getting protection. You noticed that Goff didn’t win a game after taking over from Case mid-year playing behind that line. But, in the off season, they went out and got a line and some help at WR and, voila, Goff did great the next year.

Last year Shurmur played to Case’s strengths and look how they did. This year they have a coach trying to make Case play to what the coach likes and it’s not going so well.

3 Likes

Big game for Case vs Rams tomorrow.

Honestly he’s due a good game. I believe he’ll channel some of that steady play he had last year vs the Rams. Just have a feeling he’s gonna shine

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1051401039092609025?s=19

1 Like

Case had a 99 rating last game I think. Broncos just sucked.

2 Likes

IMO this offense is not designed for Case to succeed or even be effective. Five games have summed up the offense play calling for me. Has Musgrave learned from these five games? Would he change his play calling to use Case’s best strengths? I am usually optimistic but time is against the Broncos. This offense should have been tailored that way in the off season, OTA’s and training camp. Why would the Broncos sign Case & hire Musgrave? It made & it makes no sense. Case is playing the exact opposite way of what he does best.They could have hired Bevell that used to be with the Seahawks. He would have been much more suited to use Case’s best game. The snow might be a factor but I expect the rams to have their way.

4 Likes

Here’s said Denver nuggets

Musgrove so far being unimaginative again. Not sure who is more vanilla, BOB or Musgrove?

He gets no help at all. Ever

1 Like

Case has this and next year to prove himself. So far it looks like the Broncos are going to stack the deck for him to succeed. There is a headset waiting for him back at UH as a QB coach. With his NFL and college experience he would be a great QB coach.

1 Like

He’s 5 for 6 right now, the one incompletion being a drop.

Case with the big TD pass!

2 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Think it was around 25-30 TD pass

2 Likes

44 yards to Sanders

2 Likes

Refs just took the TD away. The receiver fell at the 1. Plus the receiver had a unsportsmanlike penalty. Ouch.

They called it back.

No help

3 Likes