2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

The Broncos secondary was pitiful. Case played the most remarkable game I’ve seen as a professional. Guts

2 Likes

Yes and looking at denverbroncos.com you couldn’t tell Case was even there.

3 Likes

Wow, Broncos fans are some interesting individuals. Case was the reason for that winning drive yet they are taking shots at Keenum still on Twitter. One even said that the defense was the reason they won the game. It took two years of Payton for them to get spoiled.

4 Likes

OK there is the obligatory interview but the text/“reporting” talks about everybody else. Granted it was a good TEAM win.

Some Denver fans are like a lot of the CMA haters. They have taken a stand and hell will freeze over before they will give CMA credit for anything.

5 Likes

Payton @ Denver? Now that was a team that won with Defense. Payton was remarkably average with Denver.

2 Likes

One thing I learned from going to Texans games, and I’m sure it’s true league wide, is NFL fans are a totally different animal than college fans. Of course there is the overlap but the number of vulgar, low class, and clueless individuals is exponentially higher in the NFL stands. I try to avoid Twitter when it comes to players I like for this reason, the praise/hate ratio is around 1/50 on all but about 5 players. I missed an Elandon Roberts play earlier in the season so I searched his name on Twitter; nothing but hate from fans talking about him. I blame my lapse in judgement for seeing that.

8 Likes

A bit surprising, but announcers gave Case credit for the win. Some nice love.

5 Likes

How did Peyton do?

One stat that jumps at everyone is the number of sacks. 0, None. The Broncos OL with three new players out played the regulars. You also have to add that Bosa was back for the chargers. It’s highly ironic. The Broncos offense is based on the run. That’s fine & I like it but what about when the Broncos “opened it up”? With the game on the line musgrave had no alternative but to be aggressive. Not only did Case delivered but you could tell this offense has some real play makers. I keep writing it but this offensive squad has the size/height to be imaginative. J.Daniels was chased out of Denver. I can only imagine what he could do with this squad. Did this game showed musgrave anything? This was the tenth game. It is highly unlikely but what do they have to lose? We heard that the Broncos staff looked at tapes of what makes Case productive. You pointed it out. What took so lon? It is unreal, unbelievable that a professional franchise would be at this stage. They gave $18M to Case & they did not know what his best strengths are at? I take back what I wrote earlier. This is what should jump at every Broncos fan.

7 Likes

They need a receiver that gets open quickly like Diggs. Sanders is good but he flashes out too. They could build around Case and be just fine.

1 Like

They have the horses (no pun intended) Rick. This is strictly on musgrave. The N.F.L. has many “old good boy” networks OC/DC’s? It is full of it.
I wish for Case to stay & have a new HC with a new OC.

1 Like

I thought the defense kinda sucked other than turnovers. The run was pretty consistent against them. Them Denver city folk just don’t know the game.

I did notice that pleasant surprise.

Case made Dropball Diggs and Theilan into better players, imo.

5 Likes

Sanders has been the guy hurt most by the Thomas trade. He is getting a lot more double teams.

3 Likes

Broncos (4-6) are only 1 win behind for the wild card spot…there are a ton of 5-5 teams in their conference and only 5 teams with more than 5 wins.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1064340732717129728
https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/1064336479659286529

Could have been 4 if Joseph hadn’t put the brakes on at the end of the Texans game.

8 Likes

That guy is totally in over his head…talk about gettting away with malpractice for not challenging the 2 point conversion!

4 Likes

Denver OC is so bad. Put the ball in Case’s hands and let him get it to the playmakers. Case can spin it and does not get rattled.

But when you consider run, run, pass a creative offense you are shackling Case. Let him throw it and it will open up the run game.

Still pissed about stopping at the 37 against the Texans…just stupid, stupid coaching.

9 Likes