2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Guess I’ll pick a forum and be the bad guy again. Im gunna find one with classier folks than the orange mane, that place is a human waste dump.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/SteveDraft_/status/1103785755288264704

Probably another anonymous twitter sauce but this sounds plausible. Case has had success vs the NFC west teams. Really only LA to contend against vs Dallas/Philly in the East

My two favorite NFL QBs…Case and Warren!

1 Like

Well, the Skins are my new team… Go Skins

3 Likes

Our journeyman QB lives to see another opportunity. Go Washington!

Caveat…I would never root for Washington, but now they’ve become one of my favorite teams.

2 Likes

Redskins fans do challenge Eagles and Giants fans for the lowest IQ fan base. I wouldn’t advise trying to communicate with any of them.

2 Likes

What do you say Katie? OL any good?

1 Like

It is plausible and it points that way. Remember that Mahomes waited a year before he became a starter. Who is better than Case to “teach” Murray what Kingsburry system is all about. Case’s N.F.L. experience is the perfect transition for all parties concerned including both franchises. It is cost effective and it unloads Rosen’s contract.
Case is getting $7.5M guaranteed for a one year contract. The $500k comes is as a restructured bonus.

He signs for a mediocre Team with a Coach on the hot seat. At this point it is hard to imagine that the Redskins will even make the playoffs. They look like a Broncos 2.0.
I sure hope Case ends up with the Cardinals.

Case to the Redskins is a good move. Whatever happens will happen but no one can say Case didn’t get everything out of his abilities. He is my most favorite Coog of all-time. Although I am getting very fond of Kelvin Sampson.

3 Likes

Worth watching at the 2:30 mark, accurate assessment. I value the opinions of players more than the experts that have never even played football.

3 Likes

Colt McCoy and Alex Smith didn’t fare too well behind the Redskin O-Line.

Nooooooooooo. I have been a Cowboy fan since I could walk. Not even Case being a Redskin can get me to cheer for them…

1 Like

He is going to a better offensive line according to the stats:

Washington was 19th while Denver was 24th.

Washington’s OL:

Another year, another injury-riddled nightmare for the Redskins. Nine different offensive linemen played at least 200 snaps for Washington this season, and Ty Nsekhe was the only backup to perform to a decent standard. He’ll be an interesting name in free agency, as the 33-year old backup has consistently been competent filling in at tackle.

Denver’s OL:

This line dominated at times when fully healthy, but once injuries struck, they had no answer. Their two best starters, Ronald Leary and Matt Paradis, both ended the season on IR. While third-year starter Connor McGovern looked competent at guard, he was a nightmare at center. He allowed 22 pressures in eight games at center filling in for Paradis.

In fairness, Keenum faced a few significant obstacles. The Broncos played nine games against teams that finished 9-6-1 or better. Head coach Vance Joseph and offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave were also under fire before being relieved of their duties. Wideout Demaryius Thomas was traded midseason, and two Bronco tight ends (Jeff Heuerman and Jake Butt) suffered season-ending injuries.

2 Likes

We all know that the Cardinals need depth. Trading Rosen to the Redskins makes perfect sense since Case restructured his contract. It opened the trading door for:
Rosen to the Redskins for a second to third round pick with maybe a late round pick.
Case to the Cardinals on a one year contract with a signing bonus and an options for another season.
The Cardinals get a “a la Smith bench warmer” for Murray and possibly additional picks.
Let see how this develops.

I felt the same way, being a KC fan, when he went to Denver. I’d purchased some Vikings/Keenum stuff but no way could I get any Denver swag no matter who was on the their team.

2 Likes

You probably have seen/heard this already:

1 Like

The Cardinals should just keep Rosen,draft Murray and see how Murray does. Then they could probably trade Rosen for a weapon or a good lineman.

Admittedly I’m stuck in the 90s as far as pro football following but just looked it up and Phoenix has actually been to two NFC title games since 2008.

Skins haven’t sniffed it since 1991. Hard to believe but the Cardinals are the better franchise between the two right now. I’d be all in for Case to get a shot with them with Kliff running the show vs what looks to be an empty roster in DC.

What’s up with this Cardinals stuff? This isn’t the NBA. NFL teams don’t trade for players with the intent of quickly flipping them as part of a larger package.

Also, why would anyone want Case in AZ anyways? Maybe it was due to Rosen and Wilks, but the Cards were atrocious last year. Maybe Kliff will turn them around, but his 35-40 record at Tech should give pause. And if they do take Kyler #1, Case would have a very short leash if he opens the season as the starter.

Other than maybe the Giants, Washington was probably about the best possible semi-realistic scenario of options where Case could have a good shot to open the season as the starter. They were 6-3 last year before Smith got hurt (and likely would have beaten the Texans in that game to go 7-3). Jay Gruden is a very good offensive mind and his offense is a good fit for Case. Their skill positions aren’t as great and wouldn’t help Case’s below average accuracy like Thielen and Diggs did and someone like Beckham would, but they’ve got a decent defense and offensive line.

5 Likes