2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

8 is pronounced similarly to prosperity in Chinese. So, 8 means money.

Keenum nicely repping the Skins at his golf event https://twitter.com/redskins/status/1111726073673322496?s=21

2 Likes

1 Like

Awesome golf club cover

4 Likes

Got one just like it.

2 Likes

Me too!

2 Likes

I thought he was a Denver and Elway fan and I saw the photo of him as a kid with the Elway jersey. He said he wore #7 because of Elway.

Maybe he changed to #8 because Elway traded him.

6 Likes

First voluntary work out for the Cardinals. Risen was first to show up.
Kyle Murray visting the Cardinals this week.
Stay tuned.

1 Like

So, is there some kind of connection with Case or other Coogs? Iā€™m not being snarky, just trying to figure out your post.

a lot of speculation that the redskins traded for keenum in order to trade him to the cardinals for rosenā€¦keenum would be the perfect qb to help out kyler murray

1 Like

I just donā€™t see it happening, but you never know.

Thats Dumbā€¦

Damn, that would be Caseā€™s luck.

Great o-line? Maybe you need to check Caseā€™s stats at Minnesota when under pressure/rush situations ā€¦ just about best in the league. With such a great o-line as you state, he shouldnā€™t have even had enough attempts in that category to qualify.

3 Likes

That is why Case to the Cardinals would be a perfect fit immediately. Here are a couple of points that needs mentioning.
In School Case has had the advantage to work under Briles and Kingsbury. The two had two different views of the Air Raid offense.
In the pros Case has worked under many different offenses but also under Kubiak and Mike Shurmur, Spread/West Coast offense disciple. Again using two distinctive approaches.
That being said Kingsbury short stint in the NFL combined with Caseā€™s offense/defense knowledge is a Coachā€™s dream to install a taylored system that can work for both andā€¦Murray.
Facts are facts. The only time Case worked under a Coach/system that utilised his best traits was under Shurmur. Shurmur adjusted his offense to Case. We all know how this worked out.
I was not writing that Case will win the Super Bowl with the Cardinals but we all have to admit that the ā€œstarsā€ could align that way.

3 Likes

I like Case with Kliff, but not another first pick waiting to take over. Fans in LA were awful about, with the Murray hype I expect it to be worse in Zona

1 Like

I doubt it. The Los Angeles market had been without the NFL since the mid 90ā€™s. Curt Warner lives in the area and is a fan of Case. They were in a Super Bowl in 2009, NFC Championship in 2015. Having Case is the perfect ā€œbridgeā€ for Murray. Some might even say ideal.

Fans bases usually want their top draft pick on the field

3 Likes

We actually went through this scenario in 1995. They brought in Chris Chandler who was also in his 7th year to be the bridge QB for #3 pick McNair. I definitely felt the fans wanted the young guy in there sooner than later. Just so happens Chandler lasted as the starter until game 13 of his 2nd year.

Case is Chandler in this sense. A bridge QB with many stops before him. And this isnā€™t a negative comparison as Chandler went on to play until age 40, and started in Super Bowl 1998.

1 Like