2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

If I get a Keenum Bronco jersey, it will dang sure be the blue one. I hate orange.

3 Likes

Hate that Elway introduces him as Case Keesum
 smh
 Cmon man

Case probably doesn’t mind as long as he’s getting $36 million.

4 Likes
3 Likes

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/974762893433384960

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/974753407582969857

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/COACHJUICE_/status/974656824736698368

3 Likes

Two mistakes there. One, the Vikings defense is good enough to win 8 games on their own even with a bad QB. Two, you lumped Schaub who from 2009 through 2013 was a solid top half QB with Osweiler who has never had 4k yards passing or a 20 TD season.

Cousins is definitely not worth $28 million but his numbers will be in the top 15 and the Vikings will probably win 10, 11 or even 12 games. The reason Cousins is not worth that money, isn’t because of what he will do in the regular season, it’s because he isn’t good in pressure situations. If I was going to compare Cousins to anyone, it would be Tony Romo.

1 Like

Schaub was Bad even the year the Texans started 10 - 1 with him and finished 12 - 4
2012 I believe. (It was like having a bandage over a wound that would give out as soon as it could. - The year following 2013 proved that with a 2 - 14 record). Schaub stats , IMO, never masked a horrible QB and I felt the same way about him when the Texans were winning. So yeah, Schuab and Osweiller comparison is dead on. Cousins to me may be a step better
but only that a step better. He isn’t worth that money he is about to get paid and you will see what I am talking about years from now. Minnesota just made the biggest blunder to their football team to pass on Keenum for Cousins

I liked this comment from one of the replies:

Replying to @MikeKlis
If some guy rescued my season and I decided to replace him, I would spend the period before free agency talking him up out of sheer gratitude.

3:47 PM - 16 Mar 2018

8 Likes

So in 2012 when the Texans won a wild card game, Schaub was 12th in QBR and he went 34 of 51 for 343 yards 2 TDs and 1 INT in a losing effort to the New England Patriots on the road, he was bad and a “dead on” comparison to Brock Osweiler? Man, when you make up your mind on something, you go full on opinion with no facts whatsoever don’t you.

Also “The year following 2013 proved that with a 2 - 14 record).” You do realize that Keenum started 8 of those games going 0-8 right?

2 Likes

Have you EVER HEARD OF passing the Eye Test??? Stats don’t tell the story all of the time. The guy was trash then, even when the Texans were winning. (If you couldn’t see that, you are delusional). If SCHAUB was such a good QB regardless of the stats, why did the Texans struggle with him the rest of the way? Where is he now?? So your “Idea” of a great QB is one that have a statistical great season
shoot Trent Dilfer won a Superbowl
did that make him a great QB??? Schaub, REGARDLESS of his meaningless stats, never seem like the right QB for Houston ever.

You bring up Keenum going 0 - 8. Again, meaningless stats. What I did see was Keenum having some good games that the Texans as a team loss. I watch Watson have a couple of great games despite a couple of Texans losses. Again, your eyes should tell you a story when you see a QB. I guess to you Keenum is trash because that 0 - 8 start
stick with your meaningless stats bro

2 Likes

You brought up the 2-14 record as “proof.” You crack me up man. I’m done.

4 Likes

I’m starting to think Elway and co pegged Case as their number one target as soon as their season ended.

Interesting to note in 2016 Elway attempted to trade for Case both as a potential starter and to help with their 1st round pick Paxton Lynch.

Lynch seems to be the designated backup to Keenum, ironically giving him another former American QB behind him for 2nd straight season.

Lastly the Jets moved up ahead of Denver so a QB will be taken there. That means at two QBs minimum will be taken - Cle at 1 or 4, and Jets at 3. Giants could also take one at 2, leaving Denver only one guy to pick at 5 if QB is a target. That signals to me they’ll pass and plan to have Case and Paxton at the position through 2019.

Lots of intrigue here through the next two months.

https://twitter.com/broncos/status/974791681735307267

3 Likes

I don’t think Denver will take a QB at 5; I’m not convinced they are going to keep the 5th pick. They could trade down just a few spots and pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick and maybe a player to go with it.

If their running back isn’t top notch they need to draft one their pick. They need lineman as well from what I’ve read.

They need to better their OL. This has been a major issue for them. Take a quick look at this OL ranking:

They were ranked 23rd out of 32. Giving up the second most sacks emphasizes what they need to do. The Vikings were 22nd
but Case “masked” the Vikings deficiencies.
Elway wants to improve his offense? Trade his 5th pick down the first round while getting an OL in return. Easier said than done. The good news is that the Broncos have the money and can address these issues right away. Let’s all hope they do.

1 Like

I definitely think towards the end of the season the OL was in tatters to the point Case did have to make due with a subpar protection. And yet the narrative was he was surrounded by a ‘great team’.

I mean that maybe true with his Recievers and defense but if you’re constantly getting pressure you’re gonna be hurt. IE the pick six vs Philly. The defender just bull rushed and got a piece of his arm which led to an errant throw.

So Denver getting OL up to speed I believe Case throws for 3500-4000 yards in 2018.

5 Likes

Broncos uploaded this wallpaper on their Twitter

4 Likes

Is there a good OL on the FA market?