2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Looking very quickly at the rankings in that article you can easily see that the teams with good OL play were the ones that made it deep into the playoffs. Even the Jags were top half of the league. The ONLY team that didn’t have a good OL to do well was Vikings. Part due to defense, but a lot due to Case.
Really hope Denver goes out and beefs up their OL.

3 Likes

To name a few:
Cameron Fleming would be a good addition for them. At 25 he has the future in his hands.
At 6’.9" Cornelius Lucas is very intriguing.
Sam Young, 6’.8"

Remember our talk on this thread about Case never getting his fair due by his former HC.

Well here’s a video from the local Denver radio guys asking Case directly about it - specifically the one quote before FA where Zimmer wasn’t sure if he would be the Vikings version or Rams/Texans version (starts around the 2:00 mark of this video):

Question: How did you take that when (Zimmer) said that about you and your game?

Case: “I’m really glad John Elway just announced me as the starting QB because I don’t think I was even announced as the starter in the NFC Championship game.”

Really highlights the contrast and this commitment from Denver where instead of not knowing your status week to week you’re given the reigns from the very beginning.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/casekeenum7/status/976575170172391427

3 Likes

I’m going to that!

They upgraded at RT.
Hopefully they take the projected great guard Nelson from ND w 1st round pick.

2 Likes

Looks like The Broncos QB visited campus today

https://twitter.com/coachapplewhite/status/977269165391319041

3 Likes

This is one step in the right direction but they need more help on the OL, TE and even RB. This is not even talking about their defense. IMO, they should trade out of #5. Draft an OL, Penny at RB and get a pass rusher. Can they trade for TE? They might have to.

“Kiz: If Elway drafts a quarterback at No. 5, the peeps in Broncos Country are going to shout long and hard until the rookie plays. Case Keenum might as well turn in his uniform and move into an abandoned miner’s cabin in St. Elmo.”

Josh Allen will be a disaster in the pros.

Also, doesn’t make any sense to sign Case, continue to employ a former 1st round QB in Paxton Lynch, and then draft another QB with your 1st round pick.

Then again, NFL teams don’t always make the best decisions so who knows.

2 Likes

“When you watch Case play quarterback, the first thing you see is big plays,” Joseph said Tuesday. “He’s always been that way since college. I watched him play in college two years, and, obviously I was on the staff with him in Houston. He’s going to make big plays for you.”

Keenum is the Broncos’ starter and Paxton Lynch the backup. They’re expected to use their first-round pick on a quarterback.

1 Like

From the comments the hate is still alive in Houston.

Perfect. Cousins has to lead the Vikes to a Super Bowl to be superior to Case.

Aggies and Cow College folks more than likely. Chronicle comments section are filled with them.

3 Likes

Cow college, I’m using that one😀

"Contract value: $36 million/2 years ($18 million per year average)
Contract guarantees: $36 million ($6 million as signing bonus)
Fully guaranteed at signing: $25 million
Earliest realistic exit point: None

Keenum changed the trajectory of his career in 2017 by helping the Vikings win the NFC North with a 13-3 record, which tied for best in the NFL, en route to an NFC Championship game appearance after starting quarterback Sam Bradford’s early-season knee injury. The undrafted free agent was viewed as strictly a quality backup prior to the 2017 season. The short nature of Keenum’s contract won’t preclude the Broncos from taking a potential franchise quarterback with the fifth-overall pick in the 2018 draft. The maximum value of Keenan’s deal is $38 million because of a $1 million incentive each year for 50 percent offensive playtime in a Denver playoff win."

https://www.sportsaldente.com/kirk-cousins-vs-case-keenum-a-tale-of-the-tape/

Having some fun here with the Broncos fans.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5223503&posted=1#post5223503

Go for it. Got it from the Pawdcast guys.