2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Nice pick. Never made sense for them to take a QB with Keenum and Lynch there. Things don’t work out, they can take one next year.

1 Like

Coming up for Broncos:
Time to throw #s at Oline issues and juice up the RBs.

Round 2, Pick 8 (No. 40 overall)

Round 3, Pick 7 (No. 71 overall)

Round 3, Pick 35 (No. 99 overall)

Round 4, Pick 6 (No. 106 overall)

Round 4, Pick 13 (No. 113 overall)

Round 5, Pick 12 (No. 149 overall)

Round 5, Pick 23 (No. 160 overall)

4 Likes

5 days ago I posted, " I think they are looking for a couple of particular players and I am not sure which ones; but if Chubb is not available, I think they will trade down…" I thought they had their eyes on Chubb; I just didn’t think he would be available. I think they were ecstatic when he was still available.

This morning Elway said he had several offers to trade down and if Chubb had not been avaialble he would have traded down.

8 Likes

WR-Sutton from SMU.
Nice to add w Sanders & Thomas. Case cant be upset.

Still have a huge hole at guard (Max Garcia was bad)
Hopefully gets some OL depth in the 3d.

3 Likes

Solid pick. Sutton will be a star.

Royce Freeman, RB- Oregon.
Another Weapon.

2 Likes

solid picks so far by Denver.

if they can pick up a big man or two for the o-line now I’ll be very happy.

3 Likes

Isaac Yiadom-CB from Boston College.
Broncos coached him at Senior Bowl.

Need some OL (especially Guards) in this group tomorrow:
Round 4, Pick 6 (No. 106 overall)

Round 4, Pick 13 (No. 113 overall)

Round 5, Pick 12 (No. 149 overall)

Round 5, Pick 23 (No. 160 overall)

Interesting:

https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/989754989558968321

He can be a pro bowler or a bust. Saw a lot of concentration issues with him this last year. Too many drops and mistakes. Case will be great for him though, a veteran QB always does wonders for players like that.

2 Likes

Man I hope he does good. Please no drops! Tavon Austin killed Case in LA.

4 Likes

Some draft grades so far. For what its worth- they love Sutton to Broncs. Also like Freeman but some mention of a ton of carries already at Oregon.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/27/nfl-draft-2018-grades-second-third-round-analysis

2 Likes

Are there any good o lineman left?

Go here. Shows teams needs and best available for that need.
Best available in general on the right.

Josey Jewell ILB, Iowa
Height: 6-1 Weight: 235
A brawler.

Daesean Hamilton WR, Penn State.
Loading Case up with targets.

Traded down to #156.
Big Tony!
Troy Fumagalli TE, Wisconsin
Height: 6-6 Weight: 248

Sam Jones OG, Arizona St.
Height: 6-5 Weight: 290

Keishawn Bierria ILB, Washington
Height: 6-2 Weight: 223

David Williams RB, Arkansas
Height: 6-1 Weight: 220

4 Likes

Keenum getting talked about a lot on ESPN draft coverage. Everybody is now trying to find the next Keenum!

4 Likes

But all the experts said the Broncos would pick a QB with the #5 pick (I said if Chubb wasn’t available, they would trade down, but I don’t count since I’m definitely not an expert). After they didn’t, the experts said the Denver would take one in day 2. Then day 3. Well, day 3 isn’t over and they may trade for a spot in the 7th round to pick one; but I’m not holding my breath for that one.

My position has been that you don’t pay $36MM for a guy and then pick his spot in the draft.

3 Likes

I said that exact same thing multiple times over the last few days.

Everyone kept asking “when is Denver going to pick a QB???”

Im having a hard time seeing what people don’t get. They shelled out the big bucks for Keenum. Their draft picks only solidified their faith in him.

1 Like

I posted somewhere up into the nether regions of this thread that this draft was going to indicate how the Broncos were viewing Keenum.

I would have preferred more emphasis on upgrading the OL but no question that this draft indicates that this is Case’s team now.

4 Likes