2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Belated Happy Birthday.

1 Like

I’m trying to get to that game as well!

1 Like

With 25M guaranteed that puts Case at a minimum $32M for his career (potential of $43M and then more if he finished his 2 year $36M contact).

Will the 32 make Case the highest paid UH player in NFL history?

1 Like

I think Kolb made over $45MM.

1 Like

Looking at Spotrac.com, Kolb probably is the highest paid Coog of all-time at just over $29M. I say probably because it’s hard to get contract details of players from the last century, but I don’t think any Coog would have made that much considering that salaries weren’t as high as they are today.

Based off what they list as “active” Coogs, Seabass would be the next highest at $22.4M. DJ Hayden is currently 2nd on that list at $14.1M and would pass Kolb if he finishes out his contract with Jacksonville. However, Case would pass both if he completes both years on his current Denver contract:

William Jackson III will move up that list quickly when he signs his next contract, and then you’ve got Big Ed who should get a huge contract right from the get-go.

2 Likes

Pray10, that doesn’t square with this:

From article:
Kolb made approximately $14.4million from the Eagles, $30 million from the Cardinals and will make $2.65 million from the Bills for total earnings of over $47 million. In a league where teams usually dictate earnings to players, Kolb is the rare player without Pro Bowl credentials who tilted the leverage his way, taking full advantage of typically bleak landscapes of available quarterbacks. While his success on the field was mixed, he is a clear winner off it.

https://twitter.com/pfref/status/1007792398146113536

1 Like

I’m not sure who’s right. Only thing I can say about NFL contracts is that there is a lot of fluff and ways that they push around money in order to make contracts seem bigger than they are sometimes.

A lot can been learned from a fan-oriented “chalk talk” presentation. Especially when the local starting quarterback is the drawing up the X’s and O’s.

Case Keenum explained the so-called Minnesota Miracle to a select group of Broncos fans Wednesday night.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/StinkAndEvans/status/1010172286777856001

1 Like

What he says after describing the play will be why he is remembered forever.

7 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

This is why he is my favorite. If there is any player you want your kid to want to be like, you can’t do better than Case Keenum.

10 Likes

Great video but more importantly great message. Putting things in perspective is so hard for all of us to do. When you can you are always better of. I have to remind myself of it. Thank you very much for posting.

2 Likes

Here’s an exhaustive article on Case including a ton of player quotes all resoundly underwriting his leadership on this upcoming Broncos season.

Worth the read but will take you a while to consume.

3 Likes

That was a great article derek. It looks like some others are starting to see what we Coogs knew all along.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/PFF_Broncos/status/1012751310100271105

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Case-Keenums-relationship-with-Denver-Broncos-QBs-Coach-Mike-Sullivan-will-be-key-in-2018-119467479/

As Keenum said, Sullivan is a meticulous coach. That attention to detail is something that can go a long way toward maximizing Keenum’s ability. The Broncos believe Keenum unlocked something last year in Minnesota, and the onus is on Sullivan to coach him up in a way that translates that production into 2018.

While the Broncos are yet to play any meaningful football this year, the early returns on Sullivan’s impact have been positive. The quarterbacks have their ducks in a row and it’s having a trickle-down effect on the offense as a whole.

3 Likes

Case had a lot of good ratings despite having onlt 5 teams with QB’s having less time to throw.

2 Likes

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/ContentGallery/10-reasons-why-Denver-Broncos-QB-Case-Keenum-wont-be-a-one-year-wonder-119745447/

As I detailed recently, the Broncos will be fielding a variant of the West Coast Offense under Bill Musgrave in 2018. Musgrave has been consulting with Kubiak on a regular basis, a kindred disciple of the WCO.

Kubiak was seen observing practice during every OTA session open to the media, and there’s no reason to believe that’s going to change when training camp opens. Kubiak’s presence on the field, even in a spectator role (though we know it goes beyond that), could have a great effect on Case Keenum.

It’s another guy whom Keenum trusts and has history with and at the very least, Kubiak can help bridge any possible gap between the newcomer QB and the OC Musgrave. Keenum is experienced in the WCO, thanks in part to Kubiak, and that will give him a leg up in his first year as a Bronco.

He might be learning a new playbook, and some new terminology, but the basic concepts and tenants of the WCO are natural to Keenum. It’ll be like putting on an old baseball mitt.

4 Likes