2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

https://twitter.com/dmac1043/status/1023267017028263936

3 Likes

Thank you for posting guys.

1 Like

What is that electronic device at the back-top of the jersey?

It is an athlete monitoring device including GPS tracking. It is used during training but also during games for some sports. This started about twenty years ago and is used in many sports. Rugby Union uses it during games.

http://gpsports.com/

1 Like

So Bill Obrien told Case he was third string QB. Did he do that to motivate Case or just because he canā€™t evaluate QBs?

1 Like

Case was not 6 - 4 so BOā€™B evaluated him as unable to play pro footballā€¦

4 Likes

Bill picked Tom Savage to start last year over Deshaun Watson, picked Brock Osweiler to be the starter two years ago, and thought Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett were better than Ryan Fitzpatrick and Case. Iā€™ve basically given up on the Texans until Oā€™Brien is firedā€¦absolutely terrible coach who has lucked into some good defensive teams and a weak division to make the playoffs.

14 Likes

I agree with your evaluation. The Texans may make the playoffs this year and if they do it will be despite Bill Oā€™Brian, not because of him.

5 Likes

I heard it was rick smith that made Oā€™Brien start savage the first game of the season. Could be wrong. But to your point he has been atrocious in his choice of qbs. In his interviews from the past heā€™s always had this facination with ā€œbig tall quarterbacks ā€œ . I think watson will be great but just imagine how good they could be been if they gave case an opportunity.

2 Likes

What head coach with any fortitude at all would let the GM tell him who to start? I canā€™t believe that. I can believe you heard it; not that its true. If it is true, BOB needs to pack his purse, powder his nose, and get out.

3 Likes

I want to add to what Pray10 saidā€¦if the Texans do well this yearā€¦it wonā€™t be because Mr. Oā€™BRIEN. Why did the Texans hire a guy that could only take Penn State to a 7-4 college football record is beyond me. Plus we had every Tom Bradyā€™s backup known to man. And the self admitted QB guru has gone through more QBs than most teams. Bill Oā€™BRIEN wouldnā€™t know talent if it punched him in the face!

9 Likes

Case saved his considerable azz by coming out of a deer stand and winning the final two games only to be rewarded by not getting invited back.

9 Likes

It all worked out fine in the end. Happy he is not on the Texans.

8 Likes

Ditto!

1 Like

If there is a such thing as sports malpractice thatā€™s it right there!

Case is better off by a long shot. He finally got paid & deserves it.
In case Bob McNair was really driven to win Championships there is a long time that he would have fired his entire office personal. How many N.F.L. owners want to win the Super Bowl? Very few care or give a damn. You donā€™t agree? Why so many franchises make stupid decisions? Most N.F.L. owners are in ā€œitā€ for the media contracts.

1 Like

ā€œI feel like Iā€™ve got a good rapport,ā€ Keenum said. ā€œI want a better rapport. I think thatā€™s going to be something Iā€™m going to be concentrating on and working on for my entire time here. Each day is different. Each day thereā€™s new things to talk about and learn. Go over to the side and talk with Emmanuel (Sanders) and D.T. (Demaryius Thomas), all of those guys. I love doing that. Thatā€™s one of the best parts of the game, getting on the same page as those guys. It was a lot of fun (Saturday).ā€

5 Likes

Completions donā€™t move the needle. But Keenumā€™s did because of their difficulty. Keenum lofted passes with the accuracy of a DNA test down the left sideline. It speaks to how clumsy things were at times last season that watching targets race under a ball in stride demanded attention.

ā€œHeā€™s got a great arm,ā€ coach Vance Joseph said, leaving impressed with the offenseā€™s hurry-up work during drills. ā€œHeā€™s a pure passer.ā€

7 Likes

Wow! Juxtapose what the Broncos head coach has to say about Case with what Vikings coach Zimmer would say.

4 Likes

It might have been past decisions that made Rick try to step in since both of their necks were on the line. Either way, McNair screwed up not firing Rick before 2018. Rick should have stepped down instead of taking a leave of absence. I feel for his wife and family, but to basically say ā€œhold my seat Iā€™ll be back in a yearā€ put the entire Texans organization and itā€™s fans in between a rock and a hard place. How would Rick have handled it if Bill Oā€™Brien did that?