2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

If the vikings go all in on cousins they will not have the cap space to keep their entire 9sp?0 and diggs. They will also have a problem upgrading their o line.

4 Likes

I hope Case does not end up in Denver.
Hostile fan base. They are already talking about booing him, if he is the QB. I feel it would be a similar set up to his stay with the L.A. Rams. They are talking about drafting a QB in the first round.
The media have made it clear they do not respect him, and want almost anyone else.
Stay away from Denver, let them go 5 and 11 again, the jerks.

2 Likes

Cleveland is out as they traded for Tyrod Taylor yesterday from Buffalo yesterday.

Buffalo may be an option though as they don’t have really have anyone that I would consider a starter at the position.

Interesting move by the Browns now let’s look at the potential suitors from a salary cap point of view.
From Spotrac & rounding up numbers:
Cardinals $18 M to $20M
Bills $35M
Broncos $30M to $34M
Vikings $46M to $47M
Jets $90M to$92M

It still makes perfect sense for the Vikings to sign Case and improve key needs. They have the money. Signing Cousins won’t address their needs. I do believe the Vikings will try to re-sign Case.
Just looking at their and it is obvious the Jets and Bills now seem very likely landing spots. Remember that the Bills made the playoffs. They do have some talents.

Note that the Browns addressed some issues last night but it cost them $40M. Teams better spend wisely. There are some major questions marks regarding a few Teams. Just to name two. The Chargers and Giants have a limited cap space.Do not be surprised if Rivers and Manning are moved to make room for Case. Strangest things have happened. I expect that we should know in a week/two weeks or so.

2 Likes

OMG stupid move by Cleveland. Tyrod Taylor sucks arse.

Tyrod has heart and great legs but he goes through entire games where he cant make the throws. Does throw the bomb well at times.

He was a singular awful vs Jacksonville in the playoffs. Bills fans so happy just to break the playoff jinx he didn’t really take much heat.

Bills have a solid Oline. Dawkins from Temple was a great draft pick. Need a center w long time starter E Wood done w a bad neck. Incognito a Pro Bowler.

Very good RB in Shady & added C Ivory.

They cleaned house at WRs last offseason and need some #s.
C Clay @ TE & usually hurt Kelvin Benjamin & Z Jones from ECU (so/so as a rookie) are about all the weapons.

Case wouldnt suck there but there are better spots.

Very interesting and two attractive spots to boot.

Besides them, of the teams with cap room you listed I’d say Cardinals and Jets would be the most favorable spots as of now. Denver spells all sorts of trouble considering the carousel they’ve gone through since Manning.

Cousins seems like a lock to Minnesota.

It’s Cleveland; what did you expect?

If not the Vikings, I think Arizona is the best fit for Case (even though they are a bit of a cursed franchise). The Broncos give him a better chance to win, but if they screw up the supporting cast, it could get ugly. Denver does seem to be high on him though, which is a plus. He’s never had the full support of an organization, which is baffling. It does seem like the media narrative has him as the #2 free agent QB, which is good for a change. Who know what will happen, but he earned a raise and I believe he will get it.

In other Case related news he made the free throw for charity at the Rockets game tonight.

4 Likes

Reading Bills, Jets, Broncos or Vikings.

its not stupid
tyrod is going to be their stop gap for the qb they draft round 1.

Adam Schefter is reporting on twitter Case plans to sign with Broncos.

ESPN now saying Keenum will sign with Denver on Wednesday.

Man, i just want him to have a permanent home and people that want him. :pensive:

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/13/report-case-keenum-will-sign-with-denver/amp/

Oh man don’t know how to feel about being a Broncos fan. Lots of old memories.

Initial thoughts he can win that division. KC has a young QB leading them. Lots of recent success with two SB appearances.

CK getting major banner headline on ESPN and NFL websites:

Another great clip of former Vikings/Lions WR Nate Burleson going to bat for Case. He and Maurice Jones Drew have been CKs biggest backers among NFL alum commentators

3 Likes

Initially great for Case. Well deserved Payday.
However, a large portion of Bronco fans don’t want him. Could be a hostile fan base if wins aren’t there.

That’s true everywhere, you have to “win” the fans

3 Likes