2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Of course we have to wait until it’s 100% official, but I think it’s safe to say we all have mixed emotions regarding this. For me it’s not just the team that it would be potentially going to but it’s the trust that he finally earned from his teammates in Minnesota that he is leaving behind.

It’s unfortunate that Case has to go and rebuild that trust all over again with a new offensive line, tightends, running back’s, and wide receivers. You could really see the bond and connection develop between him and his teammates. He would have a good receiving corps If he goes to Denver but he’ll have to build that trust again.

Lastly, we won’t see him wearing number 7.

3 Likes

How much is his deal?

ProFootballTalk says between 18-20 mil a year, not sure of the term of the contract though.

2 Likes

Hope it’s at least three years guaranteed. He deserves that kind of scratch.

2 Likes

Whatever the final numbers are, Case is about to secure his family’s financial future for generations. Could not have happened to a better guy.

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/esanders_10/status/973544948321718272

8 Likes

Sounds like it’s two years 36 million, nothing guaranteed, and will still have Paxton Lynch and maybe another first round QB breathing down his neck.

Nonetheless, Case is getting paid and that’s just an awesome thing to see.

3 Likes

Which Broncos fan forum is the best?

Looks like Sanders deleted the tweet. Wonder if some Smoo fans or former teammates got mad, lol.

By the time camp starts, who knows who will be behind Case. Let’s face it, there are lots of teams looking for QB’s whether to start or back-up.

1 Like

Btw guys, I edited the title of the thread so don’t freak out! Case will soon be starting again. Maybe we can make this the official Case Keenum thread.

1 Like

Nothing guaranteed??? That can’t be right unless he gets a giant signing bonus. Or he might want to seek new representation.

Either that or the deal may be falling through …

Funny thing is in one article I read, it said Kubiak was in his corner. I always thought Kubiak wasn’t a fan of Case, He always seemed to be begrudgingly playing Case …

Kubiak was the one that signed him to the UDFA contract and kept him around for a couple of years until he started him. He did have that problem of pulling him during the 2-14 season and trying to put Schaub back in. Supposedly, Kubiak still likes Case.

Also forgot that the Broncos head coach is Vance Joseph, who was a DB coach under Kubiak when Case was there. They do have familiarity with each other as well.

My guess is the Broncos had him delete the tweet because nothing is official yet.

1 Like

Reddit has a good number of active users in it. But as with most forums lots of whining here and there so brace yourself. Vikings fans as predicted are fairly positive in their retrospection of his one year.

Part of me wants to see Cousins pick New York just to see the crapstorm the Vikes will find themselves in.

So Keenum to the Broncos
Cousins to the Vikings
Bradford to the Cardinals
Bridgewater to the Jets

Bradford getting $20M from Arizona which is more than what the rumored number Case is getting. Hmmm…

Everything’s still unofficial so I’m just hoping that bit wasn’t leaked out. I can’t imagine a free agent starting QB NOT getting guaranteed money in 2018.

Kirk Cousins got 3 years / 84 million from the Vikings, fully guaranteed.

Jeez

I have nothing against Kirk Cousins, but I strongly believe the Vikings screwed the pooch on this one. I hope the Vikings go .500 and miss the playoffs while the Broncos win their division and make a deep run. They have the defense to do it, and now (unofficially) they have a QB who can get the ball to receivers. I don’t know much about the Broncos’ offensive line, but I know they need to find a 3rd WR target beyond Sanders and Demaryius Thomas.

5 Likes