2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

As a Redskins fan, I hope to see Cousins fail miserably.

For whats its worth.
Peter King was on Cowherd today. He sees the Broncs not taking a young QB this year in the 1st. Hopefully that take Quenton Nelson, the guard from ND.

I know its early for a guard but if he is that “rare talent” & your Oline has huge issues
go for it.

3 Likes

As a Redskin fan, I love that the Skins are getting Alex Smith and Paul Richardson for less than what the Vikings will be paying Cousins.

2 Likes

I just couldn’t see Keenum wanting to return there if he had other options (see Denver)
 too much lack of faith from their coach from start to finish.

Cousins now has a $29m/year contract plus having to get to the NFCCG to live up to. That’s a steep hill to climb if he comes up short.
Lots of competition - Philly, Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta to name a few, to even get back to where Keenum took them.

3 Likes

This. Nothing short of winning the NFC championship will suffice for Cousins/Zimmer. They have bet the entire ranch. Wow.

3 Likes

If Zimmer has glowing things to say about Cousins, it will be the first I’ve ever heard him something better than “he’s OK” about any QB starting for him.

But if the reports are true, Cousins has a fully guaranteed $80 million dollar contract.
Zimmer can berate him, bench him to his heart’s content and Kirk’ll just sit back and let the checks pour in.

Case OTOH had a $2m throwaway 3rd stringer contract, and then, imo, saved their season when Bradford went down. You’d thought that would’ve earned him some gratitude with Zimmer. I think leaving Minnesota was the step to take - (to a starters role in Denver at $18m).

4 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them not take a QB. They still like Paxton Lynch and Case may be a bridge until they can get him up to speed.

Well said! I wish I could give your post more likes. Basically out of spite I want to see the Vikings fail miserably as well as Kurt cousins even though I don’t have anything against him personally. I just want them to see that they made a mistake on our boy.

Hopefully case can take what he did this past year and kick it up another notch. Win the fans over early, build a rapport with all his team, and take them deep in the playoffs.

5 Likes

You need to let the whole Case/Zimmer thing go. If Zimmer hated Case, he would have benched him after the terrible first half in the championship game. Case was a $2 million backup when he joined Zimmer’s team and he is leaving a year later a $18 million starter. Unless you are a Vikings fan that loves Case and hates Cousins, I don’t see the point on holding a grudge with Zimmer’s treatment of Case.

There are at least 4 teams that will finish ahead of Minnesota in the regular season and post season Green Bay, L.A. Rams, New Orleans, Philadelphia. Throw in Atlanta as a definite possibility also. The Vikings will not beat the Packers with Rodgers back (and he has a grudge out for the Vikings breaking his collarbone) and will hope to get in as a wild card. If they make it out of the wild card round, they will go no further.

1 Like

Who would he have put in? The one game Teddy got to play, he was what 1 out of 5 with a pick? He stuck with Case because he was his best option.

3 Likes

Right. Zimmer knew Case was his best option. He just didn’t say it to press and that makes so many Coog fans have their feelings hurt like a bunch of snowflakes because of it.

1 Like

yep lol

With Graham at TE I bet Rodgers is licking his chops to get back on field.

If the Vikings and Cousins flops, THAT is a big matsaball to have to explain to your fans.
Cousins eats up a lot of salary cap room. And in Case’s first few games he had to make some very nifty escapes to extend plays. Is this something Cousins can do? We will see.

All the best to Case.

3 Likes

Go Case!!! (I hate you denver!.. Browns fan :disappointed_relieved:

Oh boy !!!
Houston Texans go to Denver for a game this year !!!
If Denver were to go 1-15 this year, oh please just this one.

1 Like

It will make me sick to watch Case wearing that ugly ugly orange color but I will still be cheering Case on.

You need to let the whole telling other people what to feel thing go. You do it a lot, and it’s incredibly condescending.

10 Likes