2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Absolutely correct. At a minimum he earned a nice signing bonus plus a guaranteed first year!

Its not so much that he didn’t say anything positive to the press; its the negatives he said to the press (like is Case what we had this year or really the years before) and the fact that he didn’t want Case after Case saved the Vikings’ season. Its too bad that you get so upset about what others say or think. As far as I know, we all have a right to our opinions and there is nothing you or anyone else can do about it. This is an “opinion board” and sharing said opinions is what keeps it afloat.

5 Likes

k lol

Well at least that reply made more sense than your hookers one. Thank you for your input.

Minnesota has created a no win situation for themselves. If they win games the critics will point to
last year’s record. If they lose half their games or more the coach and GM will be blamed.

1 Like

Pretty sure they think they created a Super Bowl situation. If they get that, they win. I doubt they will though. Cousins has made really bad decisions under pressure like taking a knee when he was meant to down the ball and had his best year when he had the best set of receivers in the NFL. Minnesota’s receivers are good, but not as good as what the 2016 Redskins had.

1 Like

I still say they screwed up. They’re not going to get any more production from that offense till they build up that line. Their defense got exposed as well. Still perplexed about Zimmer though as he gave Case a game ball after the Tampa Bay game yet he never seemed to endorse him fully.

1 Like

Find a single quote from Zimmer that shows him endorsing a single QB he has ever coached and then I’ll be perplexed too. Think about this, Zimmer had the option to resign 3 different QBs that had winning records under him as starters, he opted for plan D. Cousins needs constant reassurance and Zimmer won’t be giving him that. Cousins will be rich but miserable with the Vikings.

1 Like

That’s ok you can look for me.

How can I look for something that has never happened? The announcers made a joke about his history with never being thrilled with his QB starters. They said he gets it from Bill Parcells.

He looked pretty thrilled when he gave him the game ball.

Kind of making my point there. He was fine with Keenum. He just never made press statements to show that.

Did you go back and watch the games? You said earlier you weren’t going to watch any nfl. So why do you think they dumped Case?

I watched Keenum and that was it. As for why they “dumped” Case. I don’t think it was Zimmer’s call. I think that was probably a combination of the Spielman and who the new offensive coordinator thought would fit his system the best. I’m guessing the guy wants someone that is best in the pocket and Keenum’s numbers were best when rolling out. We can’t know why they went with Cousins until we see what this offense looks like with him in it.

2 Likes

Did you think the pick 6 in the Philadelphia game was Case’s fault?

actually their OL was pretty solid for them this past season. they improved it last offseason, but you clearly didn’t know that.

it was better and was still not good. Case was pressured more often than Cousins was in Washington.

They had injuries in latter half of season and OL performance wasn’t as good and obviously Philly ate them up in NFC championship game.

Got some bad news for you. Broncos O-line isn’t any better. Ranking all 32 offensive lines from the 2017 NFL season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

1 Like

About as much as the miracle TD the previous week was on Case. One play the defender makes a great play to hit his body during the throw, the other play the defender makes a bad play and takes out the other defender. I guess one play Keenum’s horseshoe was upside right and the other play it was upside down.

1 Like