2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Means that BoB should be rolling Savage out more since it seems to be a strength for Savage. Of course, QB Ratings don’t usually include fumbles.

2 Likes

I’ve been flagged for my comment, sorry to those I offended.

EDIT: Brian T Smith has been nothing but condescending when it comes to Case and anything U of H. That guy can stay away from the Keenum bandwagon.

5 Likes

They are not worth it.

https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/939843443764879363

1 Like

Not doing too good against the Panthers. So far he’s been sacked four times, one fumble, and two interceptions. He still has plenty of time though and I know he has the magic to possibly come back and still win the game. It would be nice for them to do that just so we don’t have to hear Chris Carter run his mouth “see?”.

Comeback mode engaged - 52 yard TD and 2 pt conversion. Down 24-21 with about 5 minutes left.

Tie game with 2:00 to go, but Carolina is about to score.

Down a TD with 1:47 left.

He can make himself a lot of money in this final drive

No dice. Vikings go down.

Well it’s a neutral game in regards to Case’s performance.

A lot of key drops by his receivers including a sure TD.

I won’t list the negatives but you’ll hear about them online and social media.

CK needs to feast on the remaining bad 3 teams.

He has already made himself a huge raise after the season

2 Likes

Not his best game but still had some great plays. The one to avoid the sack was a top ten career.

1 Like

When looking at the big picture, he had an eight game winning streak and this was a really tough stretch of four really good teams With three of them on the road. Despite this great accomplishment, of course the talking heads will opening up a can of criticism.

4 Likes

Considering the drops, a desperate Carolina defense in a must win spot, & the Minn defense having a rare bad day giving up big plays…Case had a really solid game.

2 Likes

Cue the Case haters to come flying out of the woodwork 3, 2, 1…

2 Likes

Dropped balls the entire game, no OL protection and bad tackling. This would tell you that we are talking about a bad Team. What this is not telling you is that besides a poor game the Vikings still had a real shot to win the game. The tape is going to tell quite a few players that they are not there yet. It is going to be humbling at all levels including Coaches. Case did not have a bad game at all. He actually kept the Vikings in the game. At times he escaped like Houdini’s master. When his 2nd or 3rd lineman went down you could tell the Panthers had a clear shot at Case. He has now been sacked twice or more in multiple games. The Vikings have to regroup quickly. It is going to be fascinating how they respond. The referees have been bad all season so it is not surprising that they were bad again. Bad? Bad on multiple non called holding plays. Easily the Panthers could have been called on one or two “roughing the passer” penalty. You are not supposed to get your helmet hit, Rodgers would have gotten 15 yards on that one.
I almost forgot. Having their (Panthers) T.E. call the play on Fox a couple of weeks ago was a major help to them. He had a unique perspective at how to go after the Vikings OL. Kudos to the Panthers they attacked the Vikings where they had not been challenged before.
I will add that Zimmer was out-Coached by Rivera on multiple sequences. Zimmer has to call a better defensive game than that. The Vikings knew they had to stop the run. They did not.

4 Likes

All points are true. Though with the critics It’s like Case has to play like Joe Montana every game or he’s ‘exposed’ and they should put in the other guy.

Anyway it’s nice to have a pro football team to watch every week. Especially after the UH season is done.

2 Likes

Apparently Vikings OL was depleted for this one which explains the increased sacks.

1 Like

Case has always been objective about his own play. He will always blame himself before even talking about others. He is the ultimate Team player. Could he have played better? Sure and that is true for every QB. What is most concerning to me is that the Vikings never established any types of running game. Rivera did what Wade wanted to do a few weeks ago. This time around his newly OL had open gap issues and his targets dropped the ball five or seven times. They had dropped the ball only five times the entire season.
This will make for a lively film session. Zimmer failed to put together a good enough blitz packages against Cam. He was out-coached by his counterparts.

2 Likes