2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

They continue to give it, but I can’t name a player whose draft stock fell or rose because of a poor wonderlic score. It certainly didn’t hurt Vince Young, and it’s hard to make an argument that it helped Greg McElroy. There’s not really any substantial evidence for wonderlic scores mattering.

Look at Vince Youngs career and compare it to McElroy’s. I am willing to bet you that the NFL would not give the test if they didn’t value it on some level but you can ignore it if you like.

Vince Young won Rookie of the Year. Greg McElroy threw 31 career passes.

And what are they doing now??? You have to look at ALL the facts TBoar. Selective reasoning trying to prove a minor point never works out.

Not playing football.

Dan Marino had a 15. Donovan McNabb had a 14. Ryan Leaf had a 27. RGIII had a 24. Manziel had a 32.

At the end of the day, there’s no evidence that wonderlic scores matter.

It’s ironic you say that because your whole argument is based on that you thought he had a score of 8 when actually he had a relatively average scored compared to the rest of the starting QBs in the NFl.

1 Like

Someone asked is Allen is the best QB at UH:

Maybe there is a reason why he isn’t at TAMU?

Correction Low T-Moar. Vince Young was trying to raise money for UT but had a 1 year contract with the Saskatchewan RoughRiders THIS YEAR ( 2017) but couldn’t make the team. I also note that the 'Riders are 6-5 this year and played a tough team led by former SMU legend Bo Levi Mitchell so it’s understandable why a 33 year old Vince can’t keep up and is NOT even on the roster.
Greg McElroy on the other hand is an analyst for the SEC network and capable of stringing two complete sentences together.
Who would you rather be?

1 Like
3 Likes

So awesome to see him sling like that. He provided so many great memories for us coogs!!

1 Like

You lost me on that.

Last week gave us a glimpse of what Case could do with the offense. This week he had a full week of 1st Team reps. You could see how his footwork was a lot more confident that along with an offensive line getting used to Case. The OL responded in ten days. That is huge for the entire Team. The entire offense played in sync. I keep bringing sync but this is key. We saw Case throwing to receivers countless at times at U of H…These receivers ran great routes. They did the same today. A well run offense is when the QB throws the pass in advance of the WR getting there. Easy to write but very difficult to do continuously in any game. This is true even more in the NFL. Apart from two drops we saw a complete offensive Team effort. Pat Shurmur the Vikings OC is playing to Case’s strength. The OL Coach and RB Coach are on the same page. Again this is key…for any QB gentlemen. Case brings another dimension to the Vikings Offense. That is also why they signed him.
Now the Vikings have two options. I also call it two “mental” options. That is huge for a Coach. He knows he has TWO SOLID OPTIONS.
Every QB in College or the NFL with a solid OL will have some sort of success. Today Case looked like when he was at U of H. Is that a coincidence? You decide. Here is a video for you all.
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Zimmers-Locker-Room-Speech-After-The-Win-Over-The-Bucs/5d3e1db4-9458-4999-a9f5-586af86ff7b2

2 Likes

I’ve never said “Case isn’t any good.”

We’ve all read what you have said. We know what your position on Case is.

1 Like

An undersized QB that played in a crappy conference and didn’t do anything to impress scouts in person. Why should he have been drafted? I’m not sure why you are so hung up on that. He has had chances to play. There have been more than a handful of other undrafted QBs that went on to play in pro bowls. It seems like you want to blame his lack of success on some conspiracy that the media told NFL teams to not give UH quarterbacks a chance.

1 Like

I never said he isn’t any good. I clearly said that the book is out on Case and teams know if you put a lot of pressure on him, he throws the ball away instead of taking risks throwing it in the field of play. I stand by that. The Bucs had 4 starters out on defense and their top defensive lineman had a nagging ankle problem all week and during the game.

If Keenum is the starter next week against the Lions, they will put pressure on him and his numbers will be less than stellar. Then excuses will come out again that he needs to play for a team with a better running game and better offensive line.

I’ve never said he is bad or “not any good.” Anyone that says I have said that has a reading comprehension problem or a bad memory.

Even if Case had been drafted as high as the 5th round, I think you over-estimate the value of rookie contracts. Being drafted would just mean a team would have the rights to him for 4 years with an option for a 5th. For example Cousins’ deal was 4 years $2.5 million. Doesn’t guarantee his success or longevity either. You want to blame the media but the media wasn’t responsible for Keenum’s lack-luster combine numbers. A guy Keenum’s size needs to show some athleticism and he didn’t. If wins in college meant you were a winner in the pros, Kellen Moore would be an all pro and if yardage and touchdowns meant you were a winner in the pros, Chang and Kingsbury would have had solid pro careers.
At some point you have to realize, the University of Houston doesn’t have some kind of magic aura that finds random 2*, 3* and 4* prospects every 4 years and turns them into legitimate Heisman trophy winners and NFL All Pros. There is nothing wrong with wishing all of our guys the best of success, but please stop blaming everyone else when they don’t become all pro.

Since you guys are so clear on everything I have said. Who was the genius that said Rex Ryan was a terrible defensive coach and couldn’t keep a job? Where were you guys to call that person out?

He should have been drafted right?

One, you should learn to use quotes. Two, I don’t see anywhere in there that I said “Keenum is not any good.” All that says that Keenum not getting drafted doesn’t keep him from being a successful QB.