2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Yes I should learn to use quotes. Now you say yes he should have been drafted.

Jimmy you have watch enough Football and know the game well to know that everything starts with the OL. Did the Bucks have players out every time Case played against them? No. The Bucks did what every Team has done against Case
or the type of QB that Case is. A 2015 Team, a 2016 Team is different from a 2017 Team you know that. He played great today like he did before against the Bucks. What is quantitatively different is that the entire offense played as one. Again and again you need a ton of luck in the NFL. Today all facets of the Vikings Team did their job. This is great “new” start for Case. It also shows to other Teams what he can do in this type of environment when the OC plays to his strength. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No worries.

2 Likes

Warren Moon
Kurt Warner
Dave Krieg
Jeff Garcia
Tony Romo
Jake Delhomme
Jim Hart
Jon Kitna
Erik Kramer
Mike Tomczak
Wes Welker
Rod Smith
Adam Vinatieri
Priest Holmes
Antonio Gates
James Harrison

Maybe someday Keenum will be remembered with the rest of those guys and you can die happy.

1 Like

Careful fellas, we don’t want to trap one of our own shaggy Coogs in his own words. “Quotes” or no quotes.

Case easily deserved to be higher in the Heisman talk than he was, with the numbers he put up. THAT is media bias 101. Not being drafted had nothing to do with that. Why are you so angry? Geez

1 Like

Because he wants Keenum to be like Tom Savage. Trapped with the Bill O’Brien the QB killer for 4 years with an option for a 5th year.

cougarrick If the Texans had drafted Keenum in the 4th round, do you believe his career would be any stronger right now?

I don’t know but our best cougar ever would have gotten a lot more money which is what he deserved.

1 Like

Are you in your cups? I think you just changed your argument from earlier in the thread? Unless that was sarcastic? If so, you didn’t do a great job of conveying that

1 Like

Gotcha! Keenum made $3,635,000 last year on his one year contract with the Rams. Keenum would have still been under his rookie contract with the Texans if he was drafted. Savage is currently making $765k this year in the 4th year of his rookie contract. Keenum made more in one year as undrafted rookie than Savage has made his entire 4 years as a drafted rookie.

He has been pulling out quotes from an argument we had several months ago but doesn’t know how to use quotations. Those quotes are suppose to prove that I think Keenum isn’t any good.

Who I would rather be is irrelevant. I’d rather have the physique of Terry Crews and the investment portfolio of Mark Zuckerberg. But the question here is what makes the better quarterback. And the evidence we have says Wonderlic scores have nothing to do with it.

I know how I was just too lazy to bother. Sorry bout that.

You’ll have to update me how he does next week if he starts. After the NFL decided to do it’s version of the Emmy Awards and push it’s political opinion down the throat of football fans, I’m tired of it all. Done with the NFL, done with supporting Hollywood.

5 Likes

That seems a reach.

Exercising my right for them to hear my opinion.

Ok Jimmy, I can certainly understand those sentiments as well.

So you are part crawfish too. Ok we will let you off the hook tonight.

Wait, what? Who’s crawfishing? I’m pretty sure I’ve stayed on the same point – that Wonderlic scores mean nothing for QBs. The fact that I didn’t move along with your goalposts doesn’t make me a crawfish.

Hopefully this was one of many big days ahead for Case.
Case had that feel of next level today.

Case at Texans a good O line got old & huge guards built around setting up pass with run after run set him up wrong.

Rams with rancid playcalling & OLine limited weapons. Plenty on playmakers.

Vikings with average Oline play sets Case up big.

Don’t care what the sentiment is for the last 15 replies but Case is by far the best backup QB in the NFL.

He deserves millions of dollars and I hope to God he becomes our OC/HC in the next 10 years.

6 Likes