2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Do they still run Kubiak’s offense?

Anybody but the Jags. It would be so Texans (and bittersweet for those of us who are also Texans fans) if he went there and whooped the Texans twice a year for the next 5 years.

They are moving back that way after firing Mike McCoy and promoting Bill Musgrave in November. Kubiak was given an expanded role in scouting and personnel decisions as the offense was a mess last year under Mike McCoy.

Broncos have 3 mediocre at best QBs and a bad OL. If they do bring in one of the two QBs, Case would be the smarter choice so that they can also upgrade the OL.

They will probably trade Foles because his market value just went up as Super Bowl MVP.

Mike McCoy has not done well at all in the past few years. Strictly as an ex-chargers fan I can tell you that he was a disaster in San Diego. He never matured as a Coach and turned off the fans and media almost as soon as he got there. What a combination this was. A pompous ass and a franchise leaving. Did Teams catch up to his game plans? I do believe so. Great Coaches reinvent themselves and keep wanting to find new ways to surprise you. Arizona has good talent and have a chance to turn the corner. Let’s see how McCoy reinvents himself. They want to go after Cousins that leaves the door open for Denver to sign Case and improve their OL and key positions. John Elway and Kubiak know that they need additional"targets" to throw the ball to. I am not sold on Musgrave. Nothing stands out from his previous stops. It is mostly negative. There is a relationship there with Elway and Matt Shaub…Kubiak but worthy of an OC position with Denver???
Could Denver be a good landing sport for Case? Kubiak never used his strength. Maybe the second chance is a charm.
Now let’s look at the cap space on Spotrack

The Browns and Jets have an extended Costco line of credit. The Vikings are in pretty good shape too. It makes only sense for either of the three to sign Case and greatly improve their Team.

Pretty safe to say that the Jags were OK with Bortles 4th season performance and very happy with his post season performance. I can see them drafting a QB in the late rounds but they won’t be throwing around $20 million to have someone to compete for the starting job.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/2017-Vikings-Position-Recap-Quarterbacks/d25d95cb-a726-46d2-b7f3-46a6e529e3c4

Keenum also posted a season-long quarterback rating of 98.3, which was the seventh-best in the NFL in 2017 and is the fifth-highest by a Vikings QB. He had eight games in which he had a rating of 100 or better.

The Texas native said he will have plenty of fond memories of this season.

“Coming back after Pittsburgh and beating Tampa and getting the game ball after that with the guys surrounding me in the locker room, is one of the highlights of my career, for sure,” Keenum said on January 29. “Beating Detroit on Thanksgiving was awesome. Beating [my] old team — when you put so much into it, it feels good.

“I don’t think anybody can take away from any Vikings fan the ‘Miracle,’ so [there are] a lot of great things that the Vikings family gets to share from this season,” Keenum added.

1 Like

Vikings hiring Eagles QB Coach

Note that all of the QB’s that DeFilippo had under his tutelage were 6-3 and taller…
Apart from this year’s run his association with wins vs losses was plain terrible.
Will he run Pederson’s offense? That is the only one that has worked out for him.
Dedicated? We/I expect every Coach to be dedicated.
Does this mean the Vikings will trade for Foles? They have the salary cap and it points that way. It is all speculation on my part but the questions has to be asked. Why not hire Stefanski?
Stefanski has been with the Vikings for many years (I think his only NFL Team) Was the QB Coach under Shurmur so he knows all three QB’s. He could have run the Shurmur offense and “refine” Case’s play.
Remember friends the NFL is a business. I am all for Case to cash in the most money that he can.

1 Like

The Vikings surprised everyone by retaining Stefanski

I can’t remember an NFL Team denying its QB Coach from advancing his career. That is one pro Case piece in this puzzle.

February 20th could tell us a lot more for whom Case will be playing for.

1 Like

Speaks volumes about the character of the organization. If I were CK I would be gone. You DO NOT restrain colleagues the opportunity to advance - EVER.

2 Likes

Agree. The one thing we know for sure though is that Case will persevere on no matter what happens.

1 Like

“They have to find a quarterback, and I personally wouldn’t be shocked to see Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater back there. They have plenty of cap flexibility. With Anthony Barr and Stefon Diggs in the final year of their deals, there is extension work to be done there, and I continue to hear it will unfortunately be very difficult for Sharrif Floyd to play again due to a lingering knee problem.”

Case should not take less than the franchise tag. He earned it. Some might disagree. Only the Vikings front office knows.

Remember when he was concussed and his team mate dragged him from his collar?
That is the harsh reality of the NFL. Clubs do not give a dam about their players or very few do. The ones that do usually win. That is no coincidence.
Playing with Bridgewater over his shoulder? That is a lose, lose situation. The Vikings rode that train all season long. Was that a good idea? You decide but two years in a row? You can hear Zimmer already not committing to anybody.
The Browns have the cap figure to sign Case and transform their Team overnight. Are they smart enough with their cap? History says no but when there is a will there is a way.

2 Likes

They’ll use the transition tag in my opinion and either match another team’s offer or maybe use a transition offer sheet that would pay Case at the average of the top 10 positional salary contracts in the league.

2 Likes

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Bolt/Report-AJ-McCarron-behind-Kirk-Cousins-Case-Keenum-on-Broncos-QB-wish-list-115228392

1 Like

Ick. I love Case but I am NOT buying a broncos jersey. Fudge you John Elway!!! :rage:

2 Likes

If Case is going to keep getting moved from team to team, I wish I could buy just a generic Case Keenum #7 jersey.

1 Like

What’s wrong with just wearing a UH one?

5 Likes

Just get you a U of H one, he’ll always be a Coog :wink:

5 Likes