2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

My dad could beat up your dad!

2 Likes

Before or after the franchise tag?

10 Likes

From the new OC:

I am assuming, again just assuming that the Vikings do not want to pay the franchise tag. So it is pretty clear that the Vikings are playing a cat and mousse game. As soon as Cousins gets his new contract the dominoes will fall. It might be too late for the Vikings by then.

1 Like

Nothing is broken with the qd situation at Minnesota.

1 Like

He seemed to give props to Case. Makes me wonder if he is having to convince the GM.

I think five Teams are waiting on Cousins to make up his mind. Cousin is probably trying to get the most money.

Yep, saw the Jets were about to throw a crazy amount of money at Cousins.

10 days or less should give us a better idea where Case will be playing.
Charley Walters: Vikings have 10 days to make decision on Case Keenum’s future – Twin Cities

P-S: Hershel Walker does 3,500 sit-ups a day.

Breaking news:
Bortles get extension
first domino to fall.

2 Likes

I remember hearing a story about Hershel a long time ago that he never lifted weights, just did pushups and situps every day. Guy is a freak athlete.

I read the same thing. Mike Tyson does/did about 2500 push ups/day. Push ups and pull ups do wonder. It is really good for our heart.
Regarding Case it would make perfect sense to have the Browns give him a three years contract with guaranteed money over two years. Draft a QB and sign a ton of quality free agents. Todd Haley has a lot to prove and this could springboard him back to a HC job.
The Vikings know what they have in Case. To wait for the combine is to try to devalue him as much as they can. It is apparent that they don’t want to franchise him. Transition tag him is probably still being considered.

Maybe not

Feels a lot like the Drew Brees situation in San Diego which caused him to leave. Chargers didn’t think he could be a franchise QB.

Ah well, Case will have to prove them wrong.

2 Likes

These “Rumors” are either put out by:
The player’s agent to let Teams know he is not confined to the Vikings.
Team rep to drive negotiating price down
or
a so called journalist wanted some “clicks”
Make your pick. You also have many other postings claiming that Case will be franchise tagged.
What I found unusual in this Vikings off season is that they signed DeFilippo, Downing (Special Offense advisor) and kept Stefanski (QB Coach) That is a lot of opinions in the QB room. Evidently there is a reason behind these hires. Did Zimmer find his offense too predictable at times and that it did not take enough chances? I did. I thought that Shurmur last three games were “predictable” Some might argue that Zimmer’s defense was too. The Eagles game exposed Zimmer’s game plan. Did Zimmer get some help on the defensive side? Just saying.

1 Like

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account
@RapSheet
Follow Follow @RapSheet
More
The #Vikings are not expected to franchise tag QB Case Keenum and he’s slated to hit free agency, per sources with knowledge of the team’s thinking. Barring a change of heart, Minnesota joins the fray for a starting QB
 and will make these next few weeks fascinating.

Ian Rapoport usually gets these things right. I hope he gets a shot at another winning team if this is true.

The Vikings are tentatively on my sh*t list. O’Brien already is. So is the GM for the Rams.

6 Likes

I didn’t want to say anything earlier because I’m a broken record. But the Vikings never showed me they wanted Case Keenum at QB from the Redskins game onward.

And it’s funny too because just go on youtube and watch the talk show videos on Case - all universally praise him and say he deserves respect as well as a healthy contract.

It’s fine at this point. I can’t wait for FA to start. It’s gonna be like recruiting season.

Viks dont get that Case makes a so-so offensive line look good?

(until that Philly game when they sucked so bad, even Case couldn’t help them)

I have 4 Case Jerseys (UH, Texans, Rams, Viks) whos next? Arizona, Jets, Browns, Bills, etc?

1 Like

Please, God. Don’t send him to the Browns. Please!

Michael Scott NO

1 Like

I agree, but wouldn’t it be funny if they did take him. Spend money and picks to get an offensive line and suddenly kicked ass. Would serve the rest of the league right.

3 Likes

If ever there was a cursed program in sports, it’s the Browns. I’m not sure even Case could override that!