2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

Vikings kick field goal up three with 12 seconds left. Case to the rescue for Vikings again!

Bradford was no where near ready to play. His injury is bad.

Keenum gets the win!

4 Likes

Which is why itā€™s so strange that they went with Bradford knowing heā€™d be hobbled.

At least Case once again proved he can win a game for them.

1 Like

If anyone watched the last game, Case made an assignment mistake, but he delivered when needed. Missed FG and 2 fumbles in the 4th are what lost last week. Keenum has played well for the Vikings. I could see them at 8-8 to 10-6 at the end of the year.

1 Like

Ecstatic for Case ā€“ great game. Unfortunately he would lose most CoogFans running that dull offense. :grin::fearful: Oh, did they win the game??

If you look at most of the NFL QB stats, Caseā€™s 4 sacks per 100 attempts is one of the lowest in the league.

1 Like

The entire NFL is extremely boring to me. Hate the style of game.

1 Like

Whatever is wrong with Bradford, he is a statue at this point w no touch. He needs down time.

Case should get a few more full starts minimum.

1 Like

Bradford had that in one half tonight. So Caseā€™s stats are largely a part of his pocket presence and ability to move his feet. He also had one run for 22 yds tonight.

Up tempo. I have mentioned it since Case got into the nfl. He played his entire college career with an up tempo offense. Often he had to audible with the results that we all know. I never understood why his nfl Coaches did not at least try to run an up tempo offense. When a player becomes part of an nfl roster it is their responsibility to know their best traits/attributes. The Vikings OC, Pat Shurmur is adjusting his offense to Case. He is also benefiting from a much better OL that is playing well to Caseā€™s qualities. That is crucial for any Team, They are in sync. You can tell that there is an actual dialogue in the meeting room. Being stubborn is a recipe for disaster. Caseā€™s numbers this year is an indication of what he can really produce in the nfl.
This is ironic. Bridegwater is probably going to be activated so what will the Vikings do? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Case Keenum is tenth in the NFL right now in Passer Rating, but in QBR which accounts for fumbles and running yards as well he is fifth. It would be nice to see him get the starting job and have a breakout year.

3 Likes

NFL teams simply do not have the depth to go up-tempo full-time. With a 53-man roster, assuming you roster a designated K, P, and LS, that leaves you roughly two-deep at each offensive and defensive position. Up-tempo offenses tire the skill positions out, and require a surplus of depth at WR, HB, and TE/FB. Thatā€™s easy in college ball, where you can have a dozen WRs and 8 RBs on the roster at all times, but itā€™s less easy at the Pro level when half that number is a huge strain on your roster.

1 Like

Keenum looked really good last night. He is a much better QB than he was under QB guru Oā€™Brien.

5 Likes

Unless thereā€™s some pre-veer QB from the 50s or 60s I donā€™t know about, Case has already:

1. Won more career games as a starter than Kolb or any UH QB in the pros;
  2. Thrown for more career yards than any UH QB in the pros;

Heā€™s currently tied with Kolb at 28 TD passes. Next one, he takes that career record too.

Among all-time college passers, his career stats are better than:

Colt Brennan
Timmy Chang
Kellen Moore
Colt McCoy
Graham Harrell
Landry Jones

Heā€™ll probably pass Ty Detmer this year.

3 Likes

Keenum definitely played well. Some fans were saying they wished we had Case on our squad - seeing that most all of the Bears QBā€™s (starters and backups) have been less than stellar the past 25-30 years.

1 Like

Funny part of the post game show surrounding Trabisky was how bad the talent is around him. Announcers said that the fans really need to wait to see what he can do with some receivers with speed and a real RB. They think Trabisky can be good, but it will be a grind this year. And they should not expect many wins.

This is what I ad when Keenum took over for Schaub. Schaub was bad because the Texans lost three OLinemen to free agency and got nothing. So he was getting killed. So they insert CK.

CK inherits a team working with no O Line, 3rd team RB since Foster and the backup got hurt. A gam or two later Adre Johnson is out for the season. And people are SHOCKED that CK completed less than 60% with only 9:6 TD:INT ratio.

Now CK actually has a line that can block and a D that can hold a team. And he does pretty well. Iā€™m not giving him all-pro status or anything. Iā€™m just saying when you are surrounded by crap, the QB play suffers.

2 Likes

Keenum should have been brought back by the Texans for the next season, if nothing else as a backup for Ryan Fitzpatrick. However, the anti-UH crowd in Houston filled the airwaves and the dolt of a GM and idiot of a coach listened to them. You could tell how embarrassed they were to have to bring him back at the end of the season and then they made the exact same mistake the following year and went with Hoyer and Mallett. I agree that Keenum isnā€™t the greatest in the NFL, but he was better than the QBs they brought in to replace him (and a lot cheaper).

Canā€™t believe both the GM and head coach are still employed. Hoping both are shown the door at the end of the season as I find it tough to root for that franchise ever since they did that to Case.

8 Likes

He has built an NFL career out of being smart and being prepared. He is going to be a great coach when his NFL career is over. In the meantime, keep winning Case.

Press Conference after the Game:

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Keenum-on-Him-Stepping-Up-Gray-Duck-vs-Goose-Debate/d0e79a1c-b528-4ed4-9444-436bfce5df8b