2022 Case Keenum Thread - Houston Texans back home where he belongs

I can’t for the life of me understand why they put Bradford in to begin with. They might have gotten the poor guy killed. Case looked pretty solid. He appears to have good field presence, has the respect of the other players, is a good leader. Gruden had some very good things to say about him.

2/3 of Minn Schedule looking tough.
Case on his game gets them a wildcard?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/schedule/MIN/minnesota-vikings/

I would say it was to placate the voices who either didn’t want to see Keenum or were gung ho that Bradford was the answer.

And from the coach’s view it was a win-win because he let Bradford’s performance speak for itself. Now he can ride Keenum without rebuke since they know what the alternative is.

Last piece will be the Louisville kid Bridgewater becoming healthy. I bet they’ll insert him in but if he falters it will go back to Case Keenum to finish 2017.

Case just needs to stay above water in these remaining games to hold his placemarker. Bide his time for a team to come calling in 2018 - preferably one with an open-QB competition (and a decent O-line!).

T-Moar my point was to insert aspect of an up tempo offense not 100% of the time. This is the first time that Case has been able to do that. Look at what the Packers do with Rodgers. I expect Shurmur to do to the Packers what the Packers do to others.

Someone asked me what I was so angry about when discussing Keenum, this is why.

1 Like

Nice thread on reddit vikings page giving Kudos to Case (when not slamming Gruden).

In a bit of hilarity they have an bot/auto-moderator that will add a prayer after any post that mentions “knee” or “knees”. Really gives you an idea what it means to be a Vikings fan lately!

“BLESS ALL THE KNEES AND KEEP THEM HEALTHY”

You can’t believe that a GM and Head Coach of an NFL team that’s made the playoffs 2 years in a row hasn’t been fired?

Both Texans G.M. and HC should have been fired already.
G.M. How many #1 or high draft picks
The Texans OL is still very questionable. Who is responsible?
HC. The offensive and QB guru? If it were not for Watson’s feet he would already be laying on a trainer’s table. This is a long season. He better think twice for his future.
Both define mediocrity. Most owners do not give a damn about their own Team. They collect the tv revenues, stadium revenues including fans revenues and next they come up with a ticket increase.
Here is a HC that got the boot after a pretty good season.

Look how the Chargers have done since they gave Schotty the boot, though. Grass isn’t always greener, as they say.

I was being sarcastic of bad ownership.
Both the Texans G.M. and HC should have been fired already. I can’t remember one team with that many high draft picks. Compare the other expansion Teams when the Texans started. It is obvious McNair does not give a damn.

Are you still being sarcastic? Because…the Jaguars? The Browns? The Titans? The Dolphins? The Bills? The Jets? And that’s just in the AFC.

The Texans are by far the worst expansion franchise since the last round of expansion. I agree that you could put the Browns in the same basket.
Jaguars:

Panthers:

Ravens - misleading since they were the Browns

Texans:

Rick Smith has been the G.M. since…2006

Now what about goose vs Gray duck?

Cuz they spent a crap load of money on him so they are gonna play whether No matter what.

1 Like

Texans need to go the Astros route when they divested themselves of Oswalt and other talented fan faves and big names.
They had the worst farm team in mlb. They traded away the big name talent for high draft choices (multiple) and minor league prospects. It took a few down years, but now they are stocked.

I told buddies the Texans should trade J.J. Watts since he still has major talent and before he gets the injury prone label (well, too late now), Clowney, Duane Brown, Hopkins, and whoever else can bring them multiple first or second round picks.

They are going nowhere without an OLine. And they always let talented OLinemen walk in free agency and get nothing. Soon, the Browns will be passing them by.

1 Like

The Texans are getting a pass on a complete rebuild because Deshaun Watson is so damn good. They’re finally forced, when it should have been of their own doing, to address Cushing and Brown’s replacement needs. The secondary is a mess too. They have a lot of small holes that have become big leaks this year, but the QB covers a LOT of sins.

They’ve played in the worst division in the NFL the past 2 years. They we’re destroyed at home two years ago by a wild card team and no one was really surprised. Last year they had the worst offense in the NFL while being coached by a “QB guru” and basically made it to the 2nd round because the Raiders didn’t have a QB after injuries. They then couldn’t take a lead on the Patriots the following week even though New England played its worst half of football all year and then we’re blown out in the 2nd half. They are extremely mediocre at best, but people keep buying tickets and merchandise so Big Bucks Bob will keep rolling out his terrible product.

Smith is a joke of a GM that has little ability to recognize talent past the 2nd round and O’Brien is a terrible coach who costs the teams games because of his idiocy (Still remember the debacle against the Raiders in Mexico City last year). And they can’t even coexist as seen by the Savage-Watson crap earlier this year.

But, I mean, playoffs, wooo. :expressionless:

1 Like

http://thesportsquotient.com/nfl/2017/10/10/bradford-re-aggravates-knee-injury

In a first half that featured a score seen more in baseball, many thought Bradford was yanked due to ineffectiveness, but head coach Mike Zimmer refuted this report. He said, “He (Bradford) aggravated his injury when he got tackled on one of the plays (in the first half)…I just thought it was best for him that we got him out of there. He didn’t want to come out. He wanted to stay in there and fight but I didn’t want to get him injured anymore.”

https://twitter.com/ErikBurkhardt/status/917603232578523136

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JForsett/status/917602013470478336