CB Colin Samuel transfers to Houston - UCLA Grad Transfer

I agree! I think we’ll win early under CDH and upset Oklahoma. I don’t buy into the hype on Jalen Hurts. Austin Kendall (West Virginia) was a better QB.

Are you saying that a surgically repaired ACL is stronger/better than one that has never been damaged? That seems weird to me.

Well, it’s either grad transfers or other types of transfers or we leave scholarships on the table. I don’t know if unused scholarships roll over to the next year.

They don’t but you can count December grads against the prior year.

Buy into the hype?

Jalen brought Alabama to national championship

I think people are underestimating him if I’m being honest

He has great running ability, but he wasnt ask to carry that team. It was the running backs and defense doing the job. If you put a mediocre passing qb with that much talent around him, more than any opponent you face, youre still going to win 90 percent of the time.

I think Jalen has done more than enough to prove any critics wrong. He is a dangerous dual-threat scrambling QB decorated with accolades and championship rings. It’s not hype. He’s the real deal.

We’ll see… His read progressions and accuracy to receivers were not great in Alabama. D’Eriq King is a better quarterback… If the UH defense shows up enough, UH will have a shot to win. It’s all about containing them.

I’ll agree with that, but don’t take away all that Jalen has accomplished. King is a better QB, but he hasn’t even won his conference yet.

Yep, with something like a 26-2 record as a starter, Jalen Hurts is all hype!
Please…

2 Likes

Yes Hurt is a really good running QB and he was awesome on that star studded Alabama team but we know that King is a much better passer and as good a runner if not better than Jalen.

Think about this. If you drop King in the Alabama QB position, OMG, he would probably wins the Heisman. That team would be awesome all around.

1 Like

You’re right 26-2 indicates Jalen is one dimensional and can’t hit his butt with a bass fiddle.
I do think King is a better passer, not as good a runner and it’s questionable whether he could lead Bama to a National Championship as too many variables come into play. As someone else mentioned, winning a conference championship first would be nice.

Hurt is a serviceable QB that can run like a jackrabbit. If he was that good of a QB, he would have elected to go in the NFL draft this year.

Hopefully OU can help him improve his passing abilities. If that happens, I’m sure he will be their third straight Heisman winner. Oh wait, that might go to Tua this year.

1 Like

I agree, @Ron1102

The good news is that OU will have a bunch of scrubs surrounding him…nothing like Bama. lmao

Youre right. Oklahoma lost lots on offense. Theyre Oline, Wrs & rb. And theyre defense was terrible last year. They have a new DC but he ain’t no miracle worker lol.

My guess is that Jalen knows he is a good to very good college QB that will not make it in the pros. Probably like King.

What athlete do you know thinks that? That’s asinine.

2 Likes

So you think athletes aren’t smart enough to make that kind of Decision? That’s asinine!
Could Jalen have gone pro last year? Absolutely! Would he have been drafted? Probably not, just like Case didn’t. Did Jalen put off going pro because he wants to attempt to improve his draft prospects by having a great year at OU? Possibly.
Will he make it in the pros? My money says “no”.

Im saying you dont get into competitive sports if you dont think you can be the best or competitive. If he was a starter at Alabama i would think he would consider himself being the top QB and a sure NFL prospect and draft pick. Maybe he realized next years draft would be more QB friendly rather than this years which was Defense heavy. I just dont think he’s thinking he cant make it. Thats my only gripe with your statement.