CDH on Camp

Yeah Mark, if we had not lost to Navy, SMU, and Memphis I would agree. However, our midseason form was way down. Was it partially due to missing players from being worn out and busted up, I don’t know for sure; but those were the conditions. Regardless, I think LTH did not have a high priority on keeping guys healthy. He was all about himself and his next gig.

9 Likes

How many other college football teams can roll down and hang with the NFL team especially at a duel practice with the Lions?

You know that stuff is all over Instagram and Twitter

4 Likes

I didn’t know attending NFL practices would be NCAA legal but I’m sure it’s fine since they’re there. Reliant gets some publicity for the kickoff game out of it. Also CDH invites HS coaches to practice all the time so this is a natural pay it forward.

Our facility upgrades have been huge inroads with the NBA and NFL teams.

2 Likes

But you can’t learn anything from Obrien coaches…please find another team, far away from Houston.

8 Likes

Please keep our QB’s away from BOB. He is a QB killer!

11 Likes

Holgorsen said that Case got to shadow Drew Breese during a practice and was helpful

2 Likes

Tulane’s made a big deal about the fact that they visit the Saints and the Saints usually pump it up. Wish the Texans would make a big deal about it when our guys are over there.

Hell, they just had a Tulane Fan Fest when the Saints came over to Tulane to get some practice in.

4 Likes

Even the last two years with all of our problems on the field, we were more exciting than the Texans. I tried watching a few of their games and they put me to sleep. Seriously. So maybe BOB sees us as competition?

3 Likes

Red80 I hope CDH is a balanced approach then.
#GoCoogs!

1 Like

I would have loved it more if Coach Holgorsen went a few miles further north and visited Sean Payton and the Saints instead! They know how to run a winning program unlike O’Braindead!

4 Likes

I concur. Only exciting times in Texans History for me:

David Carr first Texans victory over Cowboys 19 - 10.
Defensive win over Pittsburgh 27 - 3.
All of Case Keenum games.

4 Likes

Competition for what? They’re an NFL team. They will always draw in this town regardless, simply because of that fact.

1 Like

One of the ugliest games in football history.

1 Like

When it comes to red-shirting players, Holgorsen said he is open to red-shirting as many freshman as possible with there not being many on the roster.

Holgorsen added that if players have redshirts available and are lower on the depth chart, he will lean towards red-shirting them. He said that will give players the ability to develop, and that’s how you build a program.

Holgorsen said it’s “crazy” that some of the seniors on his roster are 20 years old. He said the average starting age of his players last season at West Virginia University was 23.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Competition for the best football product in town?

1 Like

Absolutely nothing ugly about the first ever Texans game and victory over the boys. Magical atmosphere and night I will remember forever.
Still remember walking out of the stadium that night saying did that just happen?

1 Like

They draw because of fear, not because of love. 1996 Man, that is the reason they draw. Everyone in Houston that wasn’t born in the last few years before they left know that! 6 years of no football will do that to most!!!

2 Likes

Derrick, I don’t remember 6 years of no football. Maybe no Oilers, but the Coogs were still playing and I was at every home game and many on the road.

4 Likes

Yes. The starting 5 look really good. As Patrick posted recently, after that it really drops off to basically freshmen for the most part and starters
can’t play every down. So the rotation sequence should be maybe rotating one starter out frequently to keep the experience level up. Of course, can the offensive line last the season without injury? Doubtful.

3 Likes