CDH on Camp

Better yet, the majority of the transfers aren’t one and done something CDH said can kill a program (does the past two years ring a bell)!

2 Likes

Was that before or after he lost his #1 RB on a low tackle from the defender at or beyond the sideline during the Spring Red-White scrimmage? As he said, it’s a double-edge sword.

1 Like

You always want to practice hard. The big question is how the guys are taking care of their bodies. From what I have read we have made tremendous progress there. You are given amazing talents as an athlete. You either take the decision or not to have a “professional” mindset. The best College or pro Teams know it better than the others.

3 Likes

He was afraid he didn’t have enough offensive linemen.

1 Like

Yes strength coach is huge to the program. From what I’ve seen Coach Bauer means business. I know exactly what I did there.

12 Likes

To me says that CDH is a REAL D1 HC and that the previous staff was a major disaster that had no business being a D1 HC…really pumped to think where program will be in couple years as CDH gets couple classes in

6 Likes

Oh, that was good Dan…!!:wink:

2 Likes

Well done as well. I see what is happening here…

2 Likes

Nmm

He said to some of us he had concerns about the interior offensive line. He said something about an OLinemen from Baylor but that didn’t happen. He got himself some big guys to play guard which helps

How do you figure? Herman’s practices were hard too and guys were getting busted up pretty good in practice. The fact he was working to leverage into a “better” job doesn’t seem relevant to me.

I am not against hard hitting practices as long as the coaches aren’t stupid about it.

3 Likes

The individual player’s pain threshold matters too. Some guys can play/practice through stuff that sidelines others.

From what I understand Herman was stupid about it.

Briles was at the other end of then spectrum. Probably a good part of the reason why his teams struggled to tackle, started slow during the season and games and put the ball on the field a lot.

3 Likes

I think McKnight shared just as much of the blame as Herman. Over-training injured limbs from practice ins’t exactly a good idea. And let’s not get started on concussions. :flushed:

Either way, there is a fine line between running a tough program and being detrimental. I personally trust CDH to know what he’s doing until proven otherwise.

3 Likes

We may be referring to different “he’s”.

I was referring to Art Briles in his second season when he held no scrimmages before the season because he feared injuries to the O Line. It showed in a season opening loss to a bad Rice team.

1 Like

You always start hard then, slowly, ratchet back. Only way to find out who the warriors are

5 Likes

Practice can be very difficult without hitting drills and going full speed in practice. CDH knows how to utilize the sled to build endurance for his air-raid style. Pushing that thing around practice is the hardest thing next to hauling hay.

2 Likes

Tear em down and build em back up. Go Coogs!

#27PtDogs

I think stacking square bales in a hot barn does it for me every time!

1 Like

Has there ever been a new coach that hasn’t said that they are changing the culture with hard work. Don’t get me wrong I am pleased as punch with CDH, but I do think there is a little bit of standard coach speak in what Dana is saying.

5 Likes