CDH on the "Horns Down" controversy

https://twitter.com/skhanjr/status/1149787369358483456

1 Like

Maybe the Mountaineer fans are not as entitled as the UT fans. Just guessing.

2 Likes

Maybe both teams and fanbases should do “horns down” in our game at OU. I mean, who would be in that stadium at that game to be intimidated?

4 Likes

If you say something in West Virginia without inserting an f bomb, you haven’t pronounced it correctly.

1 Like

The horns down sign … oh, the humanity.

3 Likes

Horns down ??? Why yes. I do this while meditating to go to my happy place…
Namaste…

Oh the sips are such a sensitive lot, how can they survive in such a harsh world?

5 Likes

Yes, that “horns down” hand sign is some kind of wicked tormentation. .

1 Like

Tom is ok with acting like this mocking an opposing team player but not with someone giving an upside hands down.

tenor%20(10)

14 Likes

There are a lot of snowflakes in Austin including the head coach at Texas University.

13 Likes

The Cougar Paw itself is the UT Horns with a big middle finger in it.

Also some of us say “Texas Sucks” and give horns down whenever we see people wear Cow University shirts on campus. Wtf

2 Likes

The UH crowd would love opposing teams throwing the cougar paw down and openly taunting the crowd and disrespecting our university…what a double standard on this site.

1 Like

This…show some respect for your opponent no matter how much you hate them…I remember when this board just about came apart when the SMU football team stomped on our logo at midfield…that was certainly disrespectful but we didn’t go to their place and return the favor…act like you have been there before…

1 Like

There’s quite a few schools in our current conference that do that to us. I’ve seen SMU, Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane, and Cincinnati do the “Paw Down” to our team and our fanbase at different times since we’ve joined the conference.

1 Like

Man, stomping on my log is always gonna get a reaction. :rage:

4 Likes

True. Mumphish did it in 2015 here I believe. It’s part of the game.

1 Like

I would think it was silly if someone was penalized for giving an upside cougar paw. Same as with UT.

Would I love them doing it? Of course not. That doesn’t mean I think there should be rules against it. This is football not FFPS.

4 Likes

The upside down Cougar paw represents cruelty to animals and should be reported to the proper legal and political authorities.

3 Likes

I would think its just part of college rivalry and not worry about it one bit. It’s a hell of a lot better than being called Cougar High, Cougroes, and other racial slurs we’ve encountered in the past. Those piss me off.

9 Likes

I hope CDH is smart enough to flip the script and get that called a penalty. Based on the article and what I’ve seen so far, he is.

2 Likes