Cedric Russell

https://twitter.com/bucket_getta1/status/790707217020424192

3* Combo Guard from Louisiana, 234th best player in the nation and 5th best Combo-guard according to 247, has UH in his FInal 4. At one point, he was a LSU commit, but decommitted back in April.

As a junior, Russell scored 23.1 points a game and shot 52 percent from the field.

He announces on Friday.

Jucos
Breaon Brady 6-8 PF
Offers from West Virginia, Arizona St, Wash St

Gabe Grant 6-6 F (Juco A-A)
Offers from Wichita St., Colo St, UAB

Frosh
Fabian White 6-7 PF (4-star by ESPN; TexasHoops #15 in state)
Offers from SMU, TCU, Creighton, Boise, Memphis, Iowa St

Mike Adewunmi 6-4 G (TexasHoops #19 in state)
Offers from Boise St, Rice, Utah St

2 to Give
Guard
Post (Chris Harris, Eric Cobb, etc.)

2 Likes

You’re right, he would be the 13 and final scholarship available for 2017-18. He would be the last piece in the puzzle. Just too perfect I supposed lol. Crossing my fingers. Damn, dude is very efficient and can play the Pg position as well.

What I like is that he is recruiting some muscle especially in the front court.

1 Like

Yes. And toughness and gritty. Coach Sampson may not be putting all his stock in Chris Harris, smart move. He just offered a Center out of Chipola College, Eric Cobb. He is huge, 6-10 280 pounds. Chipola is known for producing division 1 college talent.

We have been woefully deficient in the big, meaty, rebounder category lately. We’re usually pretty scrappy on the glass, but we need to move beyond guards leading the team in rebounding. Glad to see some bulk coming in for us. Hopefully some of the these guys also bring some semblance of an offensive game as well.

Interesting. Cobb was star recruit out of HS who signed with South Carolina. Then he was kicked off the team after his freshman year when he and a teammate got charged with a property crime spree involving a BB gun. That’s why he’s at Chipola. Texas Tech has also offered.

Cedric Russell committed to ULa-La, which was not on his “Final 4 schools” list a couple of days ago.

In other words, he was yanking our chains.

In other words not worth mentioning in my opinion. He obviously wants playing time right off the bat. I rather leave one ship open for the Spring signing period.