CFP committee against expanding field for now (includes Aresco)

That was what I was thinking as well.

The ONLY excuse for his blatant deference and mealy-mouthed words is that he is working a deal.

If he is able to work this deal, then he played a great game of chess.

But if he gets taken for a ride, and we get screwed again, his name will be mud.

2 Likes

If this is the case then Aresco is no longer acting in the best interest of the conference and should be replaced. In any other business this is grounds for dismissal. Unless this is a play for a better TV contract which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense (not sure how that stuff works). He should be fighting tooth and nail for our best interest which is a spot in the playoffs securing teams from bolting at the first chance and should increase the payout and TV contract. His statements make no sense for what his job is

Agree Aresco is Benedict Arnold to boot. Always paid lip service to this conference. Hope we Boo him out of TDECU should he ever step foot here.

Agree but no way he makes this statement if AAC isnt getting a large raise. How much is the ?

They bought him off.

Get that new TV $ then restart the conversation

There’s a word for institutionalized segregation.

Watching the skycam feed of the WTF (World Tournament of Football) final, and they’re showing the bands at halftime. I can’t help laughing at Alabama’s band playing Creep by Radiohead. “I’m a creep, I’m a weirdo, what the hell am I doin here? I don’t belong here.” You don’t say, Bama.

This.

Possible that Aresco doesn’t want to piss off any of the NY6 bowls as we’re trying to angle for a permanent spot in one. Pushing for an 8 team playoff right now isn’t going to help our case with the bowls.

1 Like

It’s very possible and very sad if that is the case. If Aresco has to be a cuckold to the P5, ESPN and the bowls in order to not lose traction, why would they offer anything better in the future?

1 Like