Championship Games

That’s as good a line up as any and would be sure to produce lots of controversy, lmao.

If I was was forced to choose one game per time slot I would probably go AAC, SEC, and B1G on Saturday. In reality I’ll do a lot of switching between Ohio State-Wisconsin and Clemson-Miami on Saturday night, depending upon which game is most compelling.

As far as the big 12 goes, the fix is in.

How many Pac12 teams have played in the playoff?

teams that have appeared in the playoffs:
Alabama 3
Ohio St 2
Clemson 2
Michigan St 1
FSU 1
Oregon 1
Washington 1
Oklahoma 1
The SEC and Big have been in all 3 playoffs, PAC and ACC have been in 2 of 3. B12 has been in 1 of 3.

The best way to send a message to the small12 and to its advertisers is to not watch their title game. Every single one of you that does watch is not a U of H fan or support our University. You do not agree? The small12 had a choice. They kicked us to the curb once again. Our choice is to have the Nielsen ratings sky high without the small12.

4 Likes

We’ll get in with the new Tv deal. The question is, will we want it?

2 Likes

What make you think so since we have been kicked out/excluded since 1996?

1 Like

I don’t think anyone will be left to choose from but us.

OU and UT-Austin will bolt; TCU, Iowa State, OK State will stay. The Big 12 will be so tired of Kansas and Baylor they’d be disowned. Kansas State might do something funky like join the Big 10. These are farfetched but I’d assume OU and UT-Austin are gone, and that would be our way in.

The Big 12 is not tired of Baylor and Kansas. Their basketball programs are too big of a name to disown.

What would be hilarious is if they’ll just keep their basketball teams (i.e. Wichita State in the AAC). lol

Would be hilarious but the ADs would never let that happen. Witchita State doesn’t have a football team either.

Yep. Wiki says that 80-90% of the NCAA’s income comes from the men’s basketball tournament. I don’t know how it gets distributed but the more teams a conference has in the dance the more money they get, you’d think.

simple Jimmy…Because a TCU win keeps boomer out of the playoff and screws Big 12…AAC teams are not in the big picture…We need to make sure Big 12 isnt either…SIMPLY pushes OU to BIG all the easier…And THAT is what we want and need for future expansion possiblities…THOSE possibilities are what really matter.

1 Like

Seems like an excuse to watch them. TCU wins or doesn’t win whether you watch or not. The TCU OU game starts a half hour after the UCF Memphis game, which means you can watch the entirety of the first game, keep an eye on the scoreboard and watch the final quarter of the TCU OU game to cheer for the final outcome you want.

1 Like

you seriously think fans here in Texas care more about UCF and Memphis than TCU and Oklahoma?? Get real…Your argument is valid if that was Houston playing UCF, but unfortunately, it isnt…

1 Like

We aren’t talking about general college fans in Texas. We are talking about Houston Cougar fans. It sounds like to me you think being in/near Texas is more important to you than being in the same conference and having better records. I hope that isn’t the case.

2 Likes

UH alum, Clay Helton, won the Pac 12 Championship last night. Crowd wasn’t great:

https://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/status/936792538740023296

1 Like

I’m hoping for all out chaos today, wins from TCU, Georgia, Miami, and Ohio State would throw a serious wrench in the whole thing, multiple 2 loss teams getting in or teams with AWFUL losses. do they let 2 SEC teams in while spurning 2 P5 conferences? Do they care about the optics in that case? If UCF wins then an undefeated conference champion would be left out and many will see the unbelievable bias that the CFP committee carries, hopefully leading to an expansion of the system. I know, I’m a dreamer…

I hope Scott Frost and UCF believe that Chaos is a Ladder.