Chris Petersen Resigns at Washington

Yes, that’s true. I remember that having a special needs child was a big reason he didn’t leave Boise for a long time, even though he could have probably gone just about anywhere.

I can’t imagine how stressful and time-consuming a head coaching job must be. I really applaud someone who can put aside their ego and give up a large salary to do what’s best for their family.

1 Like

You and we all know this is a cycle. Just wait another five years to find out if this “trend” is a real trend. What is a fact is the amount of money being paid by Schools toward their Coaches. Compare what the SEC Schools pay for their HC’s vs the PAC12. This is where the pendulum swings East. We should see quickly what USC will do with UH’s Clay Helton. Assuming he is let go and Urban Meyer comes in the pendulum will start swinging the other way. The talent is in California but recently High School players tend to play out of State. I explained why earlier.
The High School football reference is and has been for decades Long Beach Poly. Regarding High Schools? This is just from a couple of days.

IMO, the three headed monsters will always be California, Texas and Florida. The high California taxes have had a huge impact not the fires or mud slides. Florida, Texas and Arizona have hugely benefited from Californian “transplants”

P-S: no need for lashes Dave

One of the reasons Bill O’Brien took the job in a Houston was because he has a special needs child. Same thing for Jimbo Fisher. ATM used the medical center location to College Station as a selling point.