Chucks Isitua

2 and done doesn’t sound too catchy. How about 2 and through.

4 Likes

If he is healthy he will see the court a lot, being one and done is a long shot to say the least

Jonas Aidoo wants to decide by January in a recent interview and focus on a handful of schools by late October. I’m just shocked North Carolina hasn’t offered him yet. Bet if he dominates his first few games of his Senior year, they may offer.

He’s all the way up to #84 on Rivals and will debut in the top 100 on ESPN once they update the list. Paul B. “main recruiting guy on Espn” is a big fan of his.

He fits perfectly in today’s NBA game. 7 feet but has light feet and athletic. Can shoot like a guard from three or score with his back to the basket or craftiness inside. Very underrated passer as well. Is also a 2-way player who can defend (block shots) and rebound with upside. Has every tool :wrench: in the tool shed.

Won’t turn 18 until mid December.

4 Likes

I really want this guy.

We’ll be fine without him. But, he woud be a huge get for us.

1 Like

I am fine with who we have.

I get he has talent but if he is one of those who already thinks he is one and done not sure I care to have that mixed into our culture.
I trust Sampson and we may have already moved on from Aidoo.

I have never heard him say he thinks he is one and done. Also one and done guys don’t mess up your chemistry automatically. Would be a nice pickup.

Didn’t say it did but it can and happens more times than not. You have to get the right ones. Unless the plan is for a big to come in for one year and start we are all full on bigs.

Sampson is not brining in kids that mess up the chemistry and culture. They would be kicked off the team as soon as they joined.

Plus, it would be nice for us to have some star power, future nba guys on our team for once when we get to the tourney.

Last two times we’ve run into teams full of future nba guys and Barely lost. It’s time we are on the other end of that.

1 Like

i care to have that mixed in with our culture lol…we recruited grimes thinking he was 1 and done for us…we recruited jarrett allen thinking he would be 1 and done (decided between us and texas)…almost every national title team has 5star 1 and one level recruits
getting justise winslow (who led duke to a national title, who everyone but him in his family is a coog) would have been a dream

also we are still recruiting aidoo, named dropped us in a interview after francis committed about teams that are recruiting him hard

Anybody have a link to the interview?

i tried looking for the link but cant find it…its wasnt really telling he and the interviewers name dropped like 12 schools and even noted that he was forgetting a few

I do think it is funny that some you you really think you know what we are doing based on a few recruiting site tidbits but that’s okay. Like I said I have seen many one and dones some that I am sure you guys would have been drooling over to get that I would not have touched. Then there are some worth it.
Most that are already packing their bags before they arrive I say thanks but no thanks.
If Sampson lands one of them he is probably the right guy and we know there will be no favoritism which drastically helps the situation.

We are calling him a possible future pro not one and done. I don’t foresee the staff signing a surefire one and done kid unless he is local. There are only a few programs that get the elite of the elite.

I never claim to know what the recruiting plan is but you can pickup clues along they way.

1 Like

are you claiming to have inside knowledge on the recruiting? we dont have direct knowledge, and are basing it off of tidbits, but what are you basing us moving on from him with??

i follow kellen on twitter and twitter does this thing where it shows you of what people you follow liked…kellen liked a bunch of stuff about aidoo being a breakout star…multiple posts that were made after francis commited (only 2-3 days ago) or the posts from just hours ago about a high school tournament where the only player with any remote Houston interest playing is aidoo…which would be odd to do if we werent recruiting him anymore…that with aidoo listing us amoung the school still recruiting… all signs point to us still recruiting him

But that’s just using context clues… If you have insider info let us know

Didn’t say we are but would not be surprised at all. These context clues as you call them are not always the indicator. There is more to it than that but we will always recruit whether we are full or not but not necessarily be in the market

1 Like