Cinci game moved to ABC

Game will be at 2:30 on ABC. This is a big opportunity and now it’s on national television.

5 Likes

From streaming to the antenna

1 Like

AWESOME!

We are gonna get SMOKED on national TV!

19 Likes

Time to go big or go home!

2 Likes

yep another national embarrasment

3 Likes

On the contrary, “I think this may be our finest hour.” We have a chance to repair our image on national TV.

9 Likes

I cannot stand Houston fans lack of support and encouragement!! No support at all! Please don’t even watch just so you can talk to someone on your soap box on here!

13 Likes

i hope so mike, but from what i saw against UCF im just so disappointed with the team right now

Anyone on this site supports UH and saying we are likely to look bad on national tv doesn’t detract from support. Support does not equal prediction of outcome. I will be hoping like hell we win but ask me what I predict after seeing us so far this year and it isn’t pretty. Cincy has BY FAR the best defense we have faced and we couldn’t score on a terrible depleted UCF team at home. Stevenson is hurt and we saw how that went without him.

I do think our defense has some chance to keep us from total embarrassment if the run defense shows back up.

3 Likes

The problem is that too many people take my preseason 14-0 forecasts and other optimistic posts plus the new hire hype too seriously, and expect miracles. There is a reason we were trounced by Army in that horrible bowl game, and it wasn’t because CMA was that bad as a coach. It was just a lack of experienced quality players or any depth at all. Of course the fact that that the team and staff already knew that CMA was coaching his last game and their focus wasn’t there didn’t help. It may not have been the reason we lost, but it probably added 30 or more points to the deficit.

We need to have enough patience to let this staff build the team and do it the right way. Right now CDH is trying to build and plug holes with stop gap players as well. Transfers and jucos with 2 or less years of eligibility are not the answer long term, but they may keep us from total disaster while we do build. I guess some of us older guys have gone through enough to know that patience usually pays off in the long run.

So, don’t be discouraged by the temporary, take heart in the belief that we are going to be fine in the long run with coaching stability.

5 Likes

That’s the spirit.

2 Likes

Let’s go!! This will be great! Big win on national tv

2 Likes

This move to ABC will make our impending upset all the more widely publicized!!!

GO COOGS!!!

6 Likes

We have a reputation to maintain on ABC. We have to win, sorry Cincy. ABC is for Houston. Also I need bragging rights over my dear Friend and a Minister at my Church, who is a proud Cincy alumnus here in Houston.

2 Likes

Bragging rights might have to wait for BBall. Lets hope we sweep em on the hardwood.

2 Likes

Depending on who’s out for our defense, I think we can hold our own vs UC for 3 quarters. I do not think our offense is ready for their defense. Trick plays won’t help. If our offense surprises and can control the ball, I think our defense can last 4 quarters. This is my best case, which if it plays out, would make it a close game, but I still think UC wins at home. If the offense is befuddled again, it’ll be a long day. I hope for the best as always!! Go Coogs!

Look on the bright side, at least they want us on national tv…people will watch

1 Like

I prefer to lose this game and have cincinnati attempt the CFP. Just to see what the committee would do.

1 Like

Why? They won’t get in if it happenens. The argument will be there, however that is pointless as the committee will do as expected no G5…ask UCF.

2 Likes

2017 - 6-0 ucf ranked #18
2020 - 6-0 Cincinnati ranked #6

i get your fear on not wanting cincy to look good for expansion reasons, but you have to acknowledge this is complete different scenario than ucf’s year

1 Like