Cincy attendance

Hoping for best outcomes for you

3 Likes

The ones who bothered to make it, well most of them made up for it by leaving at the half

2 Likes

Sad, but I agree. Second half, stands were emptying out. Mass exodus after interception/TD by Cincy . . . . . As I stated else ware, we were medium rare by half time, and medium well prior to end of game . . . . .

The weather was perfect yesterday, but the offense not so much.

Hahaha

I thought it was a combo of wins and losses that was causing it. UH has trouble getting fan support when they are undefeated so not a surprise that a sub .500 team would not get the support. Unless the Coogs can get on a roll starting with UConn, I will expect plenty of elbow room and short traffic lines for the rest of the season.

1 Like

Been there before
twice. It’s rough awaiting the results. Praying for good news for you this week so we can go back to discussing the “important” things like college football.

4 Likes

Why do all the fans have to show up and cheer when some of the players decided to stop showing up to play this season? I’m a long time season ticket holder that will show back up when they start taking winning serious again, I’m not missing watching my kids play on Saturday to watch that garbage

TBF that was a Thursday night game, though, so a little different.

I also don’t understand why OP would think 29k is our floor, though. In 2014 we had 23k for a 7pm kickoff against UNLV coming off a loss at BYU that left us at 1-2. The same year we also had 24k for a 2pm kickoff against Tulsa when we were 5-4 coming off a home loss against Tulane.

King redshirting may have caused some people not to show up, but it’s really just more that we are having a bad season record-wise unlike any start we’ve had in years (and not having King for the rest of the season makes us worse). Also 11am will be worse than 230pm which will be worse than 7pm. In 2017 we had more people come to see us play Rice at 7pm (39k) than we had come to the Tech game at 11am (36k) when we were undefeated going into both games. As a side note, the “Why do we play Rice?” folks really need to drop that forever.

26k definitely isn’t our floor either.

2 Likes

Great fall day with many people enjoying it with their kids. How many pictures of pumpkin patches did you see on Facebook?

Does that mean you’ll be skipping 2020 if King comes back?

Attendance has dropped a lot the last 2 seasons especially for students. A lot of students just go to tailgate and never even go inside the stadium, the only way to get them there is by winning games. Even then there is little guarantee that the students even stay past half time. It will only continue to get worse this year, especially in the student section. There isn’t enough at our games to make 20 year olds want to stick around to watch a mediocre at best team.

Having kids aged 19-34 you’re pretty much spot on. The ONLY way to get MOST of them to stay completely engaged is for the team/show/production/product to be top notch
otherwise
peace/out
they’re gone, too many other things they can do
just the way it is

That being said the young Coog Generation will carry the torch very well in the future

The only reason I know is because i am the young Coog Generation lol. It is actually super frustrating to watch from people my age but I also very much get it. It isn’t fun to watch a losing team regardless of how drunk you are. Throw in long beer lines and cash only bars it becomes almost torture. I will forever be impressed by A&M, regardless of how much i despise that whole town, by the ability to get asses in seats. They could be god awful but people will still show up, i just don’t get it.

As a point of reference, here’s the Rose Bowl 15 minutes before kickoff against Oregon State two weekends ago.

There is no buzz for the program right now. We can’t expect 35,000 attendance this year. Even with the beautiful weather (actually, it was HOT on the visitor’s side), there weren’t many people on the train wearing Cougar Red. No H-town Takeover vibe
 :frowning:

It helps they pull from a huge pool of t-shirt fans. I married into an Aggie family. None of them went to school there, but they will fight to the death in it’s defense.

1 Like

This is exactly why I can’t stand UT or A&M. There really is something in the water.

Thank goodness we have Rice doing our attendance. Normally I don’t like ‘but but there were many empty seats’ posts
as they usually show up after a sellout
which is about tickets sold.

This though
not a chance that stadium was 65% filled. Maybe season tickets sold, plus individual tix sold, plus student tix allotment, plus any ticket comps, plus employees, players, coaches and media
that I’d believe. But it’s highly unlikely 26K people were inside that stadium last Saturday.

Of course not, announced attendance does not equal butts in the seats. It is essentially tickets accounted.