Cincy game

Please tell me there’s someone else who noticed the bogus delay of game penalty! With Coogs up 16-12 and facing 2nd down inside Cincy 10, Ward carries inside the 2 yd line. Coogs get called for delay before next play, then Ward throws pick in end zone. Only problem is when Ward was tackled inside the 2 on 2nd down, the play clock was at 23 and it never reset. It kept rolling and Coogs got called for delay. Should have been 3rd down inside the 2 and Herman/Applewhite likely would have called a Ward run. Can’t believe no one caught this. I was LIVID!

2 Likes

I was thinking the play clock was a little fast

2 Likes

We didn’t huddle so it seemed quick to me too. Rewound and sure enough, it never reset. Still can’t find ANYONE online who has noticed this.

Was I also the only one who noticed theee distinct plays that were broken up by very obvious pass interference that never got called? Felt a little lopsided on the reffing, I always hate saying that but it was hard to miss.

1 Like

No call on deep ball over the middle in first half was terrible. And announcers only referenced the good job by the DB just as the replay shows obvious contact before the ball. Coogs overcame it all.

1 Like

On Ward’s first INT, the DB completely screened and held Chance Allen and no call. Then the jump ball to Isaiah Johnson in the end zone where the DB held his left shoulder down so Isaiah couldn’t jump. Those are the two I remember, but boy were they obvious. It’s a really close call who has the worst officials between the AAC and Big 12. My money is on the AAC.

2 Likes

I also hate making excuses for a bad throw, but this to me looked like this defender was interfering with bonner’s route, I mean he is straight up holding him back from his route in this pic. And there were a few others that I noticed too.

1 Like

Look at where out OL was on that play too… One was 10 yards downfield which was very odd.

In the post game press conference Herman said the first INT was on the receiver and miscommunication (which I assume is coach speak for he was not where he was supposed to be, likely because he was clearly impeaded, and it should have been pass interference), second was on Ward.

1 Like

The coaches will go over the video inch by inch. I know because when my son was playing high school football I sat in on a couple of these sessions. Believe me, they are tedious. But point is, they won’t miss a thing. And they will notify the appropriate authorities of any egregious screw ups by the refs. And yes there were a couple in this game and they all seemed to involve UH. But of course, I’m biased.

1 Like

Looked more like Chance Allen thought it was a run and went to block the DB as opposed to the DB interfering.

But the no call in the endzone was horrible though. The defender put his hand right on Johnson’s shoulder pad to help elevate himself and keep Isaiah down. Hell, in basketball this is called ‘over the back’ and is a foul every time. Its a penalty in football as well. You don’t get to climb on the receiver to make you play.

1 Like

What TheMandell said. Don’t know if Chance Allen thought it was a running play and blocking, or what, but he wasn’t looking for a ball to be thrown to him.

Charlie P talked about it this afternoon…They never reset the play clock. It just kept going at 28 seconds instead of going back to 40…Charlie said it was a terrible blunder by the officials not to catch it…penalty led to the pass attempt which was intercepted…We overcame it…
THATS what we do.

2 Likes

Every year the AAC officials are the worst in the country. Every. Single. Year.

1 Like

VIdeo evidence in this tweet of the clock not resetting on the delay of game:

https://twitter.com/UHcougar308/status/777002518496686080