CKS has a message for club ticket holders

Create virtual fans and fill in the blank spots.

2 Likes

Seriously. Felt like I was sitting in the nosebleeds with that camera angle. Even my 9 year old said he couldn’t see the guys’ numbers on their jerseys.

I noticed that too. I didn’t know if it was the arena or a third rate telecast team.

It’s the arena! It’s always been that way. The place is an 80 year old Dump!

Fwiw they did a renovation in 2000. But it still old!

Correct! It went from Crusty Old Stank to new and improved Stink! Lol! They’d have have to do a total gut and rehab in order to truly change the camera angle.

Man! It feels so good to be able to call a B12 arena a Dump! Lol! Hmmm, come to think of it, they have quite a few dumpy arenas in that conference led by the Super Dump in Austin and the Baptist Bowl in Wacko, errrr, aaaah Waco!

2 Likes

I didn’t like how Herman left but I appreciated him trying to help our attendance.

I’m with you. I hate how he left, but don’t blame him one bit for leaving.

1 Like

Let students sit there. If the tix holder arrives late then student moves. There are ALWAYS open seats.
#GoCoogs![quote=“GooseCreekCoog, post:41, topic:15788, full:true”]
Create virtual fans and fill in the blank spots.
[/quote]

Didn’t the broacast seem dark like some lights were out? It was hard to make out any facial features cuz they looked like silhouette. #GoCoogs!

2 Likes

Wait, your suggestion is to let in students without tickets to fill seats that may or may not be filled during the game? Not up for that. I’ve suggested to UH a program for ticket holders to report if they aren’t going to make a game and those tickets being used by students after their allotment is full.

1 Like

They are seat fillers. Students w/ special seat filler tix (free-like all student tix) that are instructed to sit in empty court side seats just prior to tip off by ushers. They are also required to “immediately” and “cheerfully” move if the actual tix holder arrives. Student moves to higher empty seat and fills it. There are always open seats (unsold scalper seats usually). Sounds simple and fills the empty seats in the background.
#GoCoogs!

1 Like

We are referring to club seats. People that donated $10k to $100k plus the cost of the season tickets. If they are running 15 minutes late, they should not have to wait for an usher to clear their seats and any mess left behind.

As for the “required to “immediately” and “cheerfully” move” how does this get enforced?

1 Like

In fantasyland. :sunglasses:

Got the tickets given away. Next time I will post as a new topic. Like I said, won’t make every game so I will go this route and see how it works out.

Something’s we need to consider is that some folks in those sections buy those seats so that they can be away from the students or to mingle with folks like themselves. Some of those folks buy more than one seat so that they may give the tixs away to clients or folks they want to impress. Letting folks just fill in those seats may cheapen the experience for them.

2 Likes

That would be a bit shortsighted seeing as they have no idea who is buying the tickets next to them and who those people will give the tickets to if they don’t plan to attend. Some of the most obnoxious fans I have ever sat around are the ones sitting in the most expensive seats. Those people either bought the tickets, were given the tickets or bought them from someone not using the tickets.

I think it would be shortsighted to allow folks to sit in a section and not have to donate at that level. Folks buy those tickets for a variety of reasons. Most of them are not die hard fans. That goes for UH, Texans, Astros etc… I have friends with astros club box’s ( I can’t remember what the official name is) i will go with them on occasion but I don’t like baseball or care about the astros most of the folks there don’t sit in the seats they drink and mingle while eating catered food. I think you would lower the value of that section and subsequently decrease revenue doing that. I would rearrange the cameras before trying that.

1 Like

This really isn’t that hard. The students that get to be seat fillers “agree” to move immediately and cheerfully if the ST holder arrives. Generally they don’t arrive and it looks like crap on TV. Fine move the cameras to the opposite. Yeah , the side with students. :scream:
It’s not stealing high price seats. The ST isn’t there. Usually not going to be there except for big games and many show up late to big games. Students keep it full for camera from tip off and move if necessary.