CKS interview with Andy Katz prior to last night's UCONN game

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/1096179085192163336

7 Likes

Interviews like this is an argument of why having UConn in conference is a good thing. We get better east coast exposure. Now don’t ask me about it in football season.

4 Likes

Another must listen wow. Kelvin is the perfect fit for UH

3 Likes

That’s the first full interview I’ve watched with him and man, he is really great at responding to and answering questions. Such a great coach and spokesperson for the University. Great coach and really well spoken.

4 Likes

You should watch his press conferences after games. They are good too.

3 Likes

And listen to his radio shows as well. Man is just an interesting conversationalist.

Damn! The man isn’t just a great coach, he is a great articulator as well! The dude that asked all the questions did a great job of asking the right questions as well!

3 Likes

Anyone have his post game vs UConn … his pressers are fun to watch …

There’s a thread on here for it somewhere or just search youtube.

The thing I love about his interviews is the honesty and lack of coachspeak. He tells it how he sees it. No political correctness, no worry about saying the things people want to hear or afraid someone will take issue, just pure candor. I also love his folksiness, he seems like a guy you could enjoy having a beer with.

5 Likes

I never rated his conversational ability. Too dazzled by his honesty.

3 Likes

You got to love this coach we have.

We waited along time for someone like him to come to us.

2 Likes

This has to be one of the very best interview that I have seen. Andy Katz did a tremendous job. It is one thing to interview and it is another to “jell” with your guest. Andy reminded me of Jim Nantz. CKS face says it all. I was not a big proponent of his. Boy did he prove me wrong. I still think we need one or two more big body in there. It sure looks like he is taking us to the highest level.

2 Likes