CKS Zoom call 2/9/21

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1359167341427372036?s=19

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1359168163972276228?s=19

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheHRReview/status/1359166237973098504?s=19

3 Likes

I guess when they start saying you don’t belong in the HOF the gloves come off.

Don’t start none, won’t be none.

3 Likes

This!!! Aresco has to address this going forward.

3 Likes

Wondering if he even knows of Dan Dakich’s comment. #LowBlow

1 Like

glad someone in the program finally called out the announcers… crispin shouldnt be doing houston games
he has gotten most of our espn/espn 2 games …

crispins opinion are valid to have, but basketball is a subjective sports, 2 top elite analyst could have completely different opinions on the same thing… we dont want the one with the condescending opinion dong all our national tv games…

there are real questions about gonzagas defense, and the elite teams zaga beat earlier are all collapsing now…imagine having a game announcer just calling that out every game…we need people hyping us in our games

and i do think there are analysts that lobby for the aac, they just arent as big in the space, Mark Adams (@EnthusiAdams) and Mike O’Donnell (@MOD4three) they just arent major players in the space like those others …

5 Likes

The announcers we get are just using the same talking points over and over. I can tell they don’t know the league & the players.

Grimes has been gone from Kansas for awhile does that need to be hammered home still? We know Michigan hit a buzzer beater in the round of 32. There are a lot of stories outside of those about players on the team they could use. Jarreau and Gresham alone is low hanging fruit.

1 Like

You would think ESPN would be highly incentivized to hype our league since they have the contract. Continually getting announcers who don’t really know the players just doesn’t make much sense to me.

2 Likes

ESPN’s Brooke Weisbrod was on today’s Zoom call.

2 Likes

Here’s link to the media session:

7 Likes

Weisbrod – 🤦

I agree with coach and I think our league will step up and win some good OOC games next year.
That will help our image more than anything.
I

1 Like

He’s not wrong.

Lunardi was on during the SMU/ECU game blasting the league. He ended with saying other than Houston, only UCF’s win at Florida State was a top 25 win.

Would have been nice if an announcer knew the facts and said so two top 25 wins equals a one big league but three equals 7 bids because the Big 12 only has Baylor beating Illinois, OU beating Bama, and Kansas beating Creighton.

4 Likes

The question then is can we request certain announcers for our games?

I’d even go so far as to say that getting pro-AAC announcers would be worth a discount on the contract.

How about this, UCF has as many OOC top 25 wins as #3 Michigan, #4 Ohio State, #6 Illinois, #15 Iowa, #21 Wisconsin, #24 Purdue, and #25 Rutgers COMBINED.

UCF won at #17 Florida State

Wisconsin beat #22 Loyola of Chicago at home. LOC has beaten nobody of note.

1 Like

He’s not gonna let this go and I applaud it. He’s doing Aresco’s job. He mentioned Aresco and came right to the edge of outright criticizing him.

2 Likes