Clayton Tune's Official Visit (Update: BOOOOOOMMMM!) / 3d Coog QB to pass for 10k + yards

rob said there is no room anywhere to add anyone or borrow…that the 2018 class is done :-/
early signing period actually screwed us

Wouldnt he be able to be a preferred walk on and be offered a scholarship after our 2018 class leaves and before the fall 2018 season starts and be counted towards next years class? I dont think we are done

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say early signing period screwed us, I think we got the players we had offered & who had committed to us verbally. Generally when good players that are high on us but won’t commit there is a reason…waiting on other offers, family interference, possibly grades.

2 Likes

Interesting mix for his top 5 per 247 - aside from Notre Dame, Auburn, LSU, they have SMU and UH listed.

he already had those offers…he isnt a middling 3star waiting on a big time offer…bama, michigan, lsu nd and every big time program already offered…he has grades…and his family isnt interfering

even after offering he listed UH as top 5, literally 3 days ago, lsu’s beat writer said it would come down to ND, LSU and Houston…

He was a heavy UH lean before we hired Briles, not that having him on staff didn’t help our chances.

This is a tremendous get. Well done!

Welcome to the Cougar Family Mr. Tune!!!

As a former band member, I always love to see us play a new Tune!

2 Likes

face palm while laughing.

Which one is Tune?

once we didnt get an OV from him we never had a legit shot. he going to lsu or nd.

Darrion Owens- Possible graduate LB transfer from Miami.
No room now.
Take this touted TX QB any day over a 1 year ILB but that position seems a soft soft or maybe lots of unknowns is the better wording.

1 Like

Hopefully highly touted recruits like Mr. Keys will learn to make a decision instead of stringing us around for months on end. I like us “running out of scholarships” for guys like him. It sends a good message for the future.

3 Likes

he still has ND, LSU, texas and bama recruiting him HARD…what lesson is there when you have every blood on the back burner…if anything we made his decision easier

2 Likes

I think we came out on top. Not as fast as Amir, but has a nice arm.

He can punt too!

We need somebody to Tune the Keys.

1 Like

Is that confirmed vs just message board rumor?

From the guy who runs this:

https://twitter.com/PeterAriz/status/947925927102746625