Coach Sampson on Eddie Sutton

https://twitter.com/DylanBuckingham/status/1071555308365987840

im not crying you’re crying! What a great coach we have.

9 Likes

Strong

Couldn’t be more happy to have a great man representing our university. Eddie Sutton is one of the greats!

7 Likes

Sampson is so real.

1 Like

I can appreciate Coach Sampson’s affection for Eddie Sutton; but the man I remember was a rival at Arkansas. I remember every year after the signing day Sutton and Arkansas would have an A+ recruiting class and UH would have a B or C rated class. I also remember the same writers later saying if Eddie Sutton had the talent Guy Lewis had (those same guys they rated B and C), he would win the national championship.

It is a window into the heart of Kelvin Sampson to see his affection and respect for another coach. It is really good to have a coach that is a good person as well as a good coach. You feel like your program and the kids are in good hands.

5 Likes

What a relief to have a genius coach and he genuinely loves UH!

Damn… It sucks getting old. It makes you think if you really want to get to that age. CKS had that affect that the last time you’ve seen an old friend healthy and walking, now you seen him in a wheelchair :wheelchair: and old.

Progs. we don’t know how his health is. Just from the broadcast it looks as if this is much more than getting old as you put it.