Coaches Hot Seat This Week #'s 7-9

1. Tom Herman
  2. Kevin Sumlin
  3. Dana Holgorsen

Where have I heard these names?

2 Likes

Go take a look at the P5 schools with new coaches and the resultant records. B12-2: Tech, WVU, and KU all with losing records. Only K-State has a winning record. ACC: NC, GT losing records with Miami and Louisville barely above the mark. Pac-12: Colorado losing record. Change creates chaos but also opportunities. Here’s looking forward to a successful 2020. Go Coogs!

6 Likes

Its foolish to ever say CDH is on the hot seat because he ISNT!! Summie and Hermie?? Thats a different story…

12 Likes

I agree. Just enjoy checking the list.

Holgorsen deserves to be on the hot seat. No, he isn’t going to fired, and we all know that. However, his place on the list is due to his performance and team performance not living up to expectations this season.

The University of Houston should be in a bowl game every year. Anything less is a failure, and any coach who doesn’t get us to a bowl at the minimum deserves to be on the hot seat list.

1 Like

Hot seat implies that you’re at risk of being fired in the coaching world. JMO. Of course my definition doesn’t really matter.

Of those 3, Sumlin is the only coach at risk of not being back next year.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t agree that Dana is on a hot seat.

1 Like

CDH is not on the hot seat. He’s doing what the other coaches did not or would not do for the well being our program.

1 Like

Dana’s seat is about as hot as the freezer section at HEB

5 Likes

Sumlin will get another year.

His PAC 12 Division includes USC, Az. St., Utah, and UCLA. All of them are out recruiting Sumlin.

Likely gone after 2020.

Scott Frost is #2.
He just got a 2 year extension last week. That site should try doing some research.

4 Likes

Derek Mason at Vandy also just got an extension.
Charlie Strong should be #1 on that list.

I live in Tampa.
Most indications are Charlie is back.
They are making that final push to get their practice facility done and timing is off to pay Charlie to go away and hire a new staff.

The need that indoor facility very badly. Besides months of rain & jungle heat, the Suncoast is the lightning capital of the USA.

Odd part of the situation- much of his salary is paid via USF Foundation.
Its a private DSO , his buyout is not public knowledge.

What were our expectations? Bowl game? I can do without the Belkin Phone Charger Bowl or any other one that is pretty much meaningless

Would that be the WiFi Charger Bowl?

My expectations (bowl eligibility) went out the window once DK made his decision. It’s tough for a first year coach to do much when he loses his best player. He’s also had injuries to deal with and realize that is part of the game. Oh yeah, most of the players he’s coaching he did not recruit. It’s been a down year but I think CDH will turn it around sooner than later.

The coach is the one who offered DK to redshirt. Holgorsen is responsible for the whole thing. We didn’t make a bowl, because we didn’t put our best players out there. We didn’t put our best players out there, because of the coaching staff’s decision to punt on this season in hopes of having a contender next season.

We didn’t put the best players out there because the players made the decision not CDH. As you suggest, CDH only offered, they decided. I have seen a bunch of kids not giving up so neither should we.

In addition, a lot of our new good players were not eligible. I had hoped for more but once I saw we now have direction for the UH program I decided to be patient. No point in being upset about it.

1 Like