Coaches Post game pressers

Please post link … both should be very interesting…

7 Likes

Thanks … go coogs !!

1 Like

the season is looking good, winning and still can get better on offense. Grimes will find his groove soon. Mills still hasn’t scratched the surface yet. This is getting good again, just a different type team. I’m enjoying it. The Uconn guards were good and they played very hard on defense.

2 Likes

Have to stay open minded this year. Our offense is very inconsistent. Because of that, every game’s a winner and every game’s a loser.

We won tonight because we made 75% from the stripe and had over 30 attempts. Honestly, the refs made this game unwatchable with all the fouls. On average, it was a foul every 44 seconds.

I actually turned the game off at 37-31 or something, and missed the come back. Shame on me, but I was about to puke.

4 Likes

Interesting that Gresham was brought to the presser instead of Jarreau. Usually, it’s the two players who had the best games, and Jarreau made some key plays down the stretch (but also some bad turnovers). I’m assuming this means he was in the doghouse, despite CKS saying Jarreau didn’t start it during the presser.

Think it was also a way of protecting Jarreau n not get all the ?? thrown at him on his BDay! Plus he’s up there alot.
Gresham made 2 big plays down the stretch :

1. block Vital shot at rim to TRY n tie gm .
  2. knocked ball loose on defense which cause jump ball as he was first one to the floor in big scramble for loose ball.

Edit: Both big men have been pretty consistent this year in what Kelvin needs from them on game/game basis. Overall i would thk he would say he’s been very pleased w his Center position play this year.

12 Likes

I started multi-tasking with the TV on the game the whole time. I watched all the action just couldn’t take the constant stoppages while we were losing to an inferior team.

Deeky might do lots of running today but he’s not in the “doghouse”.from all I’ve witnessed, including Deeky’s appearances on the radio show the last 2 seasons, they have a great relationship. Does that mean he doesn’t drive Kelvin crazy sometimes? No, but he knows deeky’s play will be a huge factor in the level of success we achieve this year. He was huge in our run last season

Once again to take nothing away from anything Galen have us, no way could he put up the line Deeky put up last nite. Besides the usual reported stats, he drew 12 fouls. Insane

3 Likes

I said it in the game thread but the fact that CKS kept Deeky in the game after all that tells me all I need to know about the entire situation.

6 Likes

Deeky was 2 rebounds away from a triple double…yes he needs to more careful with the ball but we lose the game without him…

2 assists, he had 11 rebounds.

Sampson ripped him real good when he went to the bench. It looked embarrassing. I highly doubt Mr. Deeky does anything like that again.

Legit question, not being an a-hole: Why do people on this message board refer to DeJon Jarreau as Deeky? Do you know him personally? Do you know him well enough to call him a nickname? Does he prefer the nickname? When I have heard CKS or Kellen Sampson mention him by name, they say DeJon. The same is true with post game reporters, they call him DeJon, e.g., the UH radio broadcast team. Thanks.

Go Coogs. Peace.

And, yes…from where I was sitting last night, CKS had a strong message for DeJon Jarreau after the technical foul. The message came across loud and clear. I will say that CKS was equally loud and clear when Chris Harris got called early in the game for a moving screen. And, he gave another strong message of APPROVAL when the Coogs cut the score to one in the second half…the Coogs ran a mini-fast break and Jarreau hit Caleb Mills in stride for a stop and pop 3-point bomb. The score forced UCONN to call a time out. FC was roaring, the kids came over to the sideline and CKS was amped up and telling the Coogs to push the ball, push the ball, spread the floor and push the ball, find your spot, keep your spacing, and push the ball. CKS gets amped up for the good, the bad, and the ugly. That mini-fast break where Mills stopped at the arc and drained the 3-ball reminded of me when Armoni Brooks used to do that…fast break…push the ball…find Armoni…3-ball…BANG!

Great game last night…terrible officiating…glad the good guys won!

Go Coogs. Peace.

4 Likes

It’s easier to type. Honest answer, that’s why I started doing it… Saw it once here and climbed aboard the deeky train.

1 Like

2 more assists for triple double. 3 more turnovers for an odd quadruple double.

I take good with bad given his style of play which leads to up and down emotions.

Coach has called him Deeky in pressers as well he uses both names. Everyone on Twitter calls him Deeky as well when addressing him so that’s good enough for me. On social media at least it’s a bit more than a nickname it’s what he goes by.

3 Likes

Some social media crap. I think that’s his Twitter handle or something. Hump all that noise. Hump Facebook. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Sampson has fun with the “Typical Freshman response” Love this coach!