Colin Wilder Leaving

As a Katy and Houston alum, this makes me sad. I was hoping for a pipeline after the commits from Wilder and Eichengerber. Wilder felt like the 2nd most sure recruit from that monster 2016 class.

3 Likes

Thinking back on it now, Wilder was one of the most upset after Herman left. Lot of guys from that class haven’t forgiven him as he sold a lot of them on making UH a powerhouse, going to the Big12, and him staying awhile.

Herman the con man
hope he continues to fail in Austin.

18 Likes

Hopefully its because Anderson just got approved to play next year, and that news will be released soon.

8 Likes

Even still, why not stay and compete?

1 Like

Garrett Davis, Deontay Anderson, Gleson Sprewell, Garrison Vaughn. We’ll be fine at Safety.

2 Likes

A lot of overreacting IMHO !

Best of luck to the young man. Now I can’t call my number 5 jersey a Collin Wilder jersey anymore. I echo the concerns on how this went down because he was a Katy guy. Need to stay in the good graces of that HS program.

Yeah, I didn’t mean we need Anderson for depth in and of itself, but rather to have another guy with D1 experience playing back there. A safety contingent of Garrett Davis and Deontay Anderson could be so good and give those younger guys time to develop.

4 Likes

Sorry to see him go. Was looking forward to his comeback from injury this year.

This is unfortunate and I guess we’ll see what kind of meaning it has for the program, but I think it is likely related to playing time.

I think he showed some flashes as a freshman and got playing time as a true freshman which was I think a sign of things to potentially come. However when he was injured last year it opened up the door of opportunity for other players. Unfortunately those other players appear to be pretty good. So I may be way off but I think it is solely related on playing time. And I think that any love that you can have for a program quickly becomes second fiddle whenever you’re not playing as much, first string, the star, etc.

2 Likes

I really hate to see Wilder leave; I like the young man and had high hopes for him. I wish him well. It’s time to move on and rally behind the guys that are here.

3 Likes

Good luck to him. He can go to Rice and keep repping the city. They can always use a safety.

2 Likes

Maybe he wanted to play on a defense that attacks as opposed to what we did last year.

1 Like

Don’t think there is anyway he ends up in Austin. TH is not looking for 2-3 Star players. Nothing against Colin but based on UT last recruiting haul, don’t see them going backwards. Jmo.

1 Like

Most likely related to playing time. I’m sure he would have competed, but his lack of size could be concern. The team moves on.

Or the cause

You’re right, although UT has signed a few 3 stars (and of course, the recruiting service inflates guys that end up at Texas). I don’t think he ends up at UT now that I think about it a bit. He and his family aren’t exactly pro-Herman.

1 Like

Off to Wisconsin!
https://twitter.com/wildercollin/status/988588888645095425?s=21

Wow, a real head scratcher here
he came here with so much promise and now leaves to be a Badger
okay, whatever
good luck to Collin

1 Like

Deontay Anderson pretty much closed the book on him ever being a starter here.

1 Like