College Football Imperialism Map

If you beat a team, you win their turf. You keep that turf until someone beats you.

Sorry I am confused on how we have part of California? Or is this dating back for a while?

USF controlled San Jose due to their win over San Jose St. We beat USF, so we took all their territories. For instance, if we played UCF in the championship game, we would take all their territories no matter where they are.

So Okie State has our territory because they beat Tech who had it because they beat us. Correct?

Correct. USF hadn’t lost, so up until this week, they had retained all their territory. The map started with all 100+ D1 FBS teams owning their own territory.

After week 1:

So youre saying we have to win out to keep our land? Cool

Yeah, and we pretty much have no land to gain, as our current upcoming opponents have zero land “owned”.

…But if Navy could upset Notre Dame (assuming ND beats Miami) in a couple of weeks, we’d have a great opportunity to finish the year with a pretty big footprint.

(Makes me want to play Risk)

1 Like

I’ll be rooting for Tulsa and SMU to beat Memphis. Tiebreakers for Champ game…

1. Head-to-head (best record in games among the tied teams) adavantage Memphis
  2. Record in games played within the division. This is where I am confused… Memphis has zero divisional losses - Houston has two. Let’s say SMU loses to UCF and wins out beating Memphis. This would create a three-way tie. Would divisional record send SMU through based upon criteria #1, i.e. SMU beat Memphis head-to-head (Houston is eliminated because of two divisional losses); or is Memphis sent through because of criteria #3 that states the next tiebreaker would be head-to-head matchup between the next placed divisional opponent, i.e. Houston (Houston beat SMU and lost to Memphis)?
  3. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in all Conference games, both divisional and non-divisional).
  4. Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in divisional games).
  5. Record against common non-divisional opponents.
  6. Best overall winning percentage in all games.
  7. Highest CFP ranking following the last weekend of regular-season games.
  8. Coin toss.

I believe the criteria/order for a 3 way tie is:

1. Conference losses, division never matters
  2. Head to head
  3. Overall record

Memphis would have to lose 2 conference games in order for us to get in and we can’t lose anymore games. Only scenario.

Alan, that list I provided is directly from the American. So, yes, division matters as it is the 2nd and 3rd criteria.

oh… found my own answer. The criteria above is only for a two-way tie Here is the three-way tie.

MULTIPLE TEAM TIE FOR THE DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
If three or more teams are tied atop a division at the end of the season, the following
criteria are used to eliminate teams until just two teams remain, at which point the twoteam
tiebreaking procedure is used.

1. If one team defeated all other teams, then that team shall be declared the division
    champion;
  2. If still tied, and if two teams defeated the additional tied team (s), the defeated
    team(s) is eliminated;
  3. If still tied, highest winning percentage of tied teams within the division;
  4. If still tied, head-to-head competition against the team within the division with the
    next best overall Conference winning percentage (4, 5, and 6) breaking ties using
    the conference tie-breaking procedures proceeding through the division until one
    team prevails;
  5. If still tied, combined highest winning percentage against all common nondivisional
    Conference opponents;
  6. If still tied, if one team was ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee
    rankings and wins in the final weekend of the Conference regular season, they will
    be declared the division champion, If in that same scenario, the team that was the
    highest-ranked team in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings loses
    in the final weekend of the Conference regular season, a composite average of
    selected computer rankings (Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe) will
    be used to determine the division champion.
  7. If there are multiple teams ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee
    rankings, the highest-ranked team that wins in the final weekend of the
    Conference regular season will be declared the division champion.
  8. If none of the ranked teams win in the final weekend of the Conference regular
    season, a composite average of selected computer rankings (Anderson & Hester,
    Billingsley, Colley and Wolfe) after all games conclude the final weekend of the
    Conference regular season will be used to determine the division champion;
  9. If no teams are ranked in the latest available CFP Selection Committee rankings
    going into the final weekend of the Conference regular season, a composite
    average of selected computer rankings (Anderson & Hester, Billingsley, Colley and
    Wolfe) after all games conclude the final weekend of the Conference regular
    season will be used to determine the division champion;
  10. If still tied, the team with the highest overall (Conference and non-conference
    winning percentage [excluding exempt games] shall be the division champion;
  11. If still tied, coin toss will be conducted by the Commissioner.

Ahh I see. Regardless Memphis needs to lose 2 conference games for us to have a chance.

You are correct for us, but I was wondering about SMU vs Memphis in a three-way tie with us. So according to the rules, SMU would be the West Division champion, because you would go through the multi-team scenario until #3, which eliminates Houston, then go to the two-team scenario and SMU in this hypothetical would have beat Memphis, so SMU goes to the champ game.

Yeah pretty much. Memphis and SMU control our future in regards to conference. We need Memphis to lose 2 conference games and SMU needs to lose 1. That’s if we don’t lose anymore games.