College Football Playoff: Top 25

The top4, who is in the invitational means nothing to me.

What does mean everything to me is that the AAC Champ gets the NY6 invite.

I didn’t look at Fresno’s schedule earlier today so I’m not sure how it compares. I think there are 10-15 really good teams this year and the next 20 or so you can put in a big bag, shake it up, and dump them out in just about any order.

I was not expecting my Wolfpack to be ranked, but I also wasn’t expecting UVa, BC, and Syracuse either.

The committee has shown a preference for strong defenses, and more run oriented offenses in the past so there is some of that working against UH. The USF win obviously didn’t impress the committee. I think they thought USF had been very lucky not to loose once or twice before playing the Coogs.

There’s a lot of football left. The most important game is the SMU game.

3 Likes

i would throw in Temple too

I’m 99% its the AP poll. It’s been that way since the CFP system was introduced. And Utah state is neither ranked in the CFP or ahead of us in the AP poll

Yes because the massey methodology is fan made and isn’t utilized by the committee or the AP poll members. Lol it literally doesn’t exist, its outside the world of people who Google it to see what it is. It’s a unicorn man.:joy:

It’s glaring in that 61 AP writers and 40 football coaches have UH at 17.

How can this committee consider themselves more knowledgeable than the above?

5 Likes

1 Like

SOS + Tech

You know there is a huge difference between Massey’s rating and the Massey composite right?

Dude
 it’s 100% the CFP Committee and secretly ESPN that determines the NY6 participants. 100%

7 Likes

Yes. Just like I know the difference between expecting a 50 year man to get excited about Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. Neither exist in this discussion. It’s just Fan made stuff.

Looks like playing tsu did a lot of harm unfortunately

Well if they secretly do then we’re screwed. However, it’s still early. We have a chance to make a push. I dont see them leaving us out of the NY6. Utah state or Fresno wouldn’t draw any eyeballs or sell any tickets. I think they aren’t that foolish.

Agreed. If we, at 11-1, beat an undefeated UCF, we will jump the MWC champ if we would not have jumped them already.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter to him that the AP wasn’t even close to the CFP for many teams, he is sticking to his theory even though there is nothing in the history of the CFP that even alludes to the AP as a blueprint.

1 Like

23 of the 25 AP ranked teams made it to the CFP poll.
The two left out were #17 UH and #18 Utah St.

7 Likes

For Iowa State and Mississippi State. I think both Houston and Utah State could win games at each of these teams today

1 Like

The only correlation between the CFP and the AP for the nonP5 is that the CFP will almost always rank those teams at least 5 spots lower. I am surprised at #12 for UCF. I was expecting #14. Guarantee you they don’t pass #10 in the regular season even undefeated.

1 Like

It’s not even a secret. If no G5 team is ranked in the last ESPN poll then the “committee” (again, ESPN) picks among the five G5 champions.

It’s only for the illusion of inclusion that ESPN even bothers with one team. Lock the G5 completely out and someone is going to sue ESPN, which is going to make Disney’s lawyers sniff around.

Simple, you don’t schedule Rice and and TSU in the same season.

Fresno State had 2k more for their game against unranked Hawaii than we had for our game against ranked USF. Why in the world would the CFP think we would sell more tickets than Fresno State?