Collegiate realignment, round 2? 12/03/2018

Actually, i do not think the PAC 12 has interest in the Oklahoma schools unless Texas schools are with them…They tried on their own years ago to join PAC 12 and were flatly turned down because the Texas schools that the PAC wanted were not coming, and they had zero interest in OU alone. OU seems to be shopping around now, but likely prefers something richer than PAC 12 money. Who knows, maybe they prefer stable situation over dollars? Dont know…
and yes, Nebraska’s head would certainly explode if whorn joins B1G!! One reason Nebraska joined B1G was to get away from those people…

3 Likes

Same for Missouri, Arkansas, and Texas A&M…all left UT. That’s at least 3 schools in the SEC.

Don’t forget Colorado. CU, Neb, Mo, and aTm all bolted the B12 because they couldn’t stand UT. Ark did the same with the SWC.

1 Like

Most realistic scenario IF the Big 12 implodes …it is due to fact that UT, OU, and KU are the pieces that move first, most likely to the B1G, SEC, or ACC. With UT officially gone, the PAC then makes their move with eastern expansion into Texas and adds Houston, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and one other.

Then maybe the rest of the P4 raid the value in the AAC…but I think UCF is stuck in this scenario…SEC and ACC will reject them and the B1G and PAC are too far away. Cincy could land in the ACC with Notre Dame as a full member…finally!

The left overs in the AAC merge with the leftovers in the Big 12 and form the best G5…or pray they hold onto their P5 status. Maybe they add BYU and San Diego State to help their cause …maybe not

1 Like

I disagree. Failing networks don’t make conferences double down on adding new members.

If that were the case, the PAC 12 would be in expansion mode. But they’re not.

HOW many times do people have to be told that expansion comes when GORs are close to expiration. WHY would PAC be in expansion mode now?? But you better believe they are already making plans for when time is close to expiration. Look for lots of signals in 2021/22. So quit acting like they have no plans to expand, because they almost certainly do. 27’s scenario takes place 3 or 4 years from now, not tomorrow.

3 Likes

Or - another scenario: KU goes to the BIG, and Notre Dame finally agrees to join that conference, where they belong because of their location!; then OU joins the SEC because they are no longer considered for the BIG; and uta goes Independent (most likely, IMO) - or to the ACC, with some kind of deal similar to what Notre Dame has had, letting them keep their beloved LHN. I don’t think the whorns would ever go to the SEC for two reasons: the present members would never agree to let uta keep the LHN, and the whorns consider themselves to be “so much better” than ANY of the present members!

That leaves the BIG with an even number of members, and takes care of the ACC, regardless of what uta decides to do. And the SEC would then need to add one more member to have two divisions. Now, it they added UH, that would probably freeze all other major conferences out of the state of Texas! Well, the PAC might take TT alone, or maybe also OSU - to force themselves into the Central Time Zone, but I doubt it.

1 Like

Don’t kid yourself. As arrogant as UT is they would go to the SEC in a heartbeat and make it look like they were trying to reunite the rivalry with their old friend TAMU.

UT wants no part of the SEC and having to play real teams weekly as opposed to four high schools and teams like UK, IS, etc?

1 Like

At the risk of becoming totally irrelevant in the remnants of the Big12, they would play in the SEC and find a way to screw those teams too.

I have no doubt that they would try, but Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and LSU “ain’t” the same as OSU, IS, TT, and Baylor! Those guys are used to being the “Big Dogs” in their conference; they won’t roll over and play dead when the whorns try to take over, and they would do exactly that.

1 Like

Yeah, they seem to always come out whenever there is a chance to bash UH, make excuses for UT, or simply bring their doom and gloom forecast for UH! And when you mention that to them they would tell you they are simply being realists!

5 Likes

UT has always looked down it’s nose at the SEC. TAMU doesn’t want another Texas school in the SEC. I don’t even think Texas would have the 11 votes necessary to gain admittance if they were interested.

1 Like

You are correct but this is a new day and they stand a chance of being left out in the cold. Being the snakes they are they could outwardly express a change in behavior but those of us that know them, know better. The SEC hasn’t had the benefit(?) of our experiences.

I don’t think you read the last two sentences of my post. Secondly, let’s be realistic. UT will find a landing spot even if it means ditching the LHN; just not in the SEC.

NO - they have not; but they now have 2 members - TWO - who would be happy to bring them up to date: atm - and Arkansas! Besides, those other members aren’t blind or stupid; they KNOW how the whorns operate!

And - would it not be a classic case of “justification” if the whorns found themselves “left out in the cold”? THEN - all would be right with the world!

4 Likes

While I completely agree with your sentiments…Reality is that “if they get left out in the cold”, they will simply BUY the NCAA and shut it down !!

UT will go where they can make the most money first and academic prestige second. UT isn’t scared of competition, they’ve scheduled Notre Dame, USC, LSU, Bama and Georgia off the top of my head. UT is way too arrogant to be scared of competition. If you don’t understand the flaws of the school, your insults make no sense.

Very true!!

The flaws of UT are too numerous to mention. Please point out the comments you found to be insulting.