Conference Highlights

Tulane really got jobbed by the officials last night. I’ve liked watching Mike Dunleavy since he was a player at South Carolina. Solid, no nonsense, top notch individual.

1 Like

Yes they did. The no calls under the bucket in the final seconds was brutal and embarrassing.

Cinci/SMU game is quite out of hand. SMU down to 6 players. Looks like SMU will not finish season well.

That was a good game btw Temple and WSU. This Temple loss reminded me of how the Coogs lost in Cincy. Playing a good team away and blowing a big lead. I think WSU splits the series with Cincy. Should be a good weekend of basketball with the 4 top teams squaring off. On another note… Uconn continues to fall. Curious to see who takes over this program after Ollie gets canned.

1 Like

We still have an outside chance at the conference title if Wichita State can knock off Cincy twice and both of those teams lose one other game. Probably won’t happen, but it is in play.

Going by UCONN’s football hire, they’ll probably bring back Jim Calhoun. If they’re smart, they’ll throw some money at Dawkins of UCF and see if he’ll go up there.

i already know who they are going to target. rhode island hc dan hurley.

Nothing against Dawkins, but UConn can do better. Hurley is a good fit for them.

SMU’s struggles continue:

The other Huskies over here at UW in Seattle have expressed some concern that their new coach might jump to UConn after one year. They’re a bubble team and beat Kansas and Arizona this year, after being terrible the last three years. Apparently they’re tracking that his house near Microsoft is for sale, but he never got rid of his house in New York.

1 Like

I’m gonna go out on a limb and predict that UConn is going to get their a$$es handed to them Thursday night in Northern Kentucky by a pissed off Bearcat team.

Well, to be fair, that would have probably happened anyway. What a spectacular dumpster fire UConn has turned into.

I didn’t get to see the WSU v. Tulane game last night, but the highlights look like it was a 3 point shooting contest. Dang! I think I counted 4 or 5 non-3 point shot attempts in the entire highlight video.