Consider THIS folks

Soooo. Beat em all smu, Tulsa ,UM and assuming cinci wins out we will get another shot at cinci and the aac champ game
But the team that crushed USF needs to show up
Most pts scored vs USF before yesterday was Norte dame 52

Dana and Clayton have a path to redemption

3 Likes

I’m all for UH, but realize that a mediocre USF team was depleted yesterday.

3 Likes

Right. The transitive property of sports doesn’t always tell you very much.

4 Likes

So, UH being depleted also doesn’t matter.

They brought 13 defensive players.

They played more than 13 defensive players. Looking at their bench and looking at ours, they had more players suited up than we did.

1 Like

the game announcers mentioned it, said they were depleted with only 16 last week, and it only got worse with only 13 this week
maybe he meant scholarship players

Let’s see where this win takes us. Either it is motivation, which I hope it was
or just curbstomming a bad team to look good. We will find out next game. Remember it could be hopeless like the Texans.

1 Like

Well the SMU quarterback certainly will be one of the best quarterbacks we will face this year. SMU always gives us fits because in their minds this is actually a rivalry. Not sure about the Coogs.
Would like to see our defense continue to force some turnovers and for the running game to keep churning in the right direction
it will be an interesting matchup

1 Like

Yeah, Houston-Dallas thing. Dallas always feel like they have to proove something to Houston.

1 Like

Yes, Dallas has an inferiority complex when it comes to Houston. That’s why they call themselves “Big D” and lay claim to the city of Fort Worth when talking size.

3 Likes

I don’t mind SMU considering us a rival, we ARE rivals. Period. We are in the two largest and vastly different cities, played in the same SWC and are now in the same AAC. They now have a decent FB team and the same for BB.

4 Likes

Please explain the inferiority complex that the city of the Dallas has when it comes to the city of Houston? I’m a 70 year resident of the greater Houston area (Baytown, UH grad, and I lived in Houston for 40 years).

Dallas has 7 championships in pro sports (NFL, NBA, NHL).

SMU has claim to three football NC, although they cheated in the 80s.

The television series, Dallas, is regarded as one of the most popular Hollywood drama productions of all time.

Where is the inferiority?

Have you ever met anyone from Dallas that’s moved down to Houston? Why do you think they have to call themselves Big D? Their inferiority complex is just so clearly evident. Why do you think that SMU replaces their University name with their city location of “Dallas” on their jerseys?

Have you ever seen Notre Dame put “South Bend” on their jerseys?
Have you ever seen TCU put “Fort Worth” on their jerseys?
Have you ever seen BYU put “Provo” on their jerseys?

No, and you never will. Why is that you may ask? It’s because those cities don’t share in Dallas inferiority complex vis a vis Houston.

1 Like

That is a wild stretch of the imagination. Dallas on the jersey is a marketing ploy. I don’t agree with the decision but they didn’t ask my opinion.

1 Like

It is interesting how Dallas lays claim to professional sports teams and colleges that don’t actually exist within Dallas’ city limits. Some aren’t even particularly close.

2 Likes

I’d say the inferiority complex is on SMU’s part. They have little support in Big D.

1 Like

In SMU’s case it’s not a complex. They are inferior.

2 Likes

Yep - and everything in between too; same reason they came up with the phantom name of “Metroplex.” Claiming everything between themselves and Fort Worth! Several separate cities in there.

1 Like

Metroplex includes much more than “between Dallas and FW”. It goes way East and North of Dallas, as well as South of the area “between” the two. Maybe we should include Galveston to Huntsville, to Brenham, maybe even Victoria . . . . .

2 Likes