Coogfans... Prepare for headlines

The only transfer destination I see King going is Florida State, and that’s only because of Briles. Even then it’s still a gamble given FSU’s current status.

Why would he transfer to play for ANOTHER head coach, ANOTHER OC…

He knows he won’t win a conference in the Big 12 unless it’s OU, but OU already has a 5* redshirt starter. Texas has Elinger.

He won’t win the SEC unless he goes to Bama, LSU, Auburn or Georgia who all have their starters.

He won’t win the ACC unless it’s Clemson. Florida State is god Awful.

He won’t win the Big 10 unless it’s Ohio State or Michigan who again already hve starters.

He would never transfer to the Pac 12.

He won’t transfer to add depth to a roster. He only transfers if he’s guranteed a starting QB position. He has the best chance at a starting position next year at UH assuming Tune redshirts.

1 Like

Duarte is retweeting his comments lol.

Plus Clemson has Lawrence for another year

exactly

What a season!! :wink:

3 Likes

didn’t this dude get in an altercation with King at a practice recently?

This has disgruntled former player all over it. Wish him well but this is extremely immature. People will talk regardless. Let them talk. There definitely is a reason he was put into the Twighlight zone. The whole truth will surface soon enough.

7 Likes

if you can read between the lines, he wants UH to keep him on scholarship despite quiting…

and is just saying anything extra (tanking, player compensation, over worked , mean coach) thatll get media attention. so it makes it harder to say no

8 Likes

First and foremost I wish him to get healthy. His knee issues will stay with him for the rest of his life. I unfortunately know a bit about this (good now) and it does play with your mind.
Now as you have mentioned we do not know the other side of the story. What types of arrangement was made before the season and so on.
CDH is our leader. Until proven otherwise this is another example of the me generation. Players have access to all media now. We are not the first program and won’t be the last. Do you remember when vermin got to uta? Do you remember the comments and mass exodus? That’s right we aint the first & last School to go through this.

5 Likes

I appreciate how he needs to preserve his health for the long-term, but to accusations of tanking are REALLY over the top…sounds like an old fashioned case of SOUR GRAPES.

I had choice words for this guy before.

I still have them, though I won’t post them.

7 Likes

I hope we win the conference just to shut everyone up

Saturday vs ranked Cincy will be even more interesting

8 Likes

At least he was given an opportunity to play be thankful. He could have been told what Tony Fitzpatrick told me: We play schools like Alabama and California. (Me) I am not afraid of those schools. (Tony) Son, why don’t you go play for a Division 1AA school. Kids these days are entitled. I would have taken the coach’s offer and come back stronger next year. Again, they gave you $14,000 to play football, but he wants to complain about Redshirting…silly and petty.

6 Likes

Except that he didn’t invent the word for this season. It’s been posted here at least a couple of times. The perception is that the year was tanked. And that perception isn’t his alone.

If I’m reading his tweets correctly, it confirms that Dana went to King about redshirting.

5 Likes

Regardless of who says it and where, it’s STILL over the top and wrong.

The fact that other people incorrectly perceive the same thing hardly makes it more legit.

Everybody being wrong doesn’t make the thing that they are wrong about right or even reasonable.

5 Likes

Again…Tech >>>>>>UCLA>>>>>>Houston !!!

He is a traveling man !!

Nothing here !!!

OF course, the HC and Channel 2 will cover. They are tabloids !!

3 Likes

Just because people don’t have it their way (i.e. King starting for both fans and Murphy), doesn’t mean the team is tanking! It means CDH wants a historical year and the schedule did not permit that. If anyone is truly red shirting and tanking it’s the fans who can’t understand that, and have become fair weather and unreachable with simple logic! The season isn’t over; it could still be decent, but next year the schedule permits 10 wins or more. Why wouldn’t you want a senior class to go out in a blaze of glory?

6 Likes

Wow. I’m surprised you still played for a guy like that.

this is the only tweet that was important
https://twitter.com/JMurphy_73/status/1182461448884310016

everything else was media window dressing to garner him attention

also remphsized here
https://twitter.com/JMurphy_73/status/1182464926184607744

1 Like

I remember the days when people vented to friends and family. Now it’s all about social MEdia and followers (strangers). 90% of what is being said here could have been said over a couple of beers. We all go through let downs in life, but blasting your personal problems over the internet is just silly.

9 Likes