Coogs after Corey Davis - BOOM!

C- Brady, Valentine
PF- Davis, White
Sf- Grant, Adewumni
SG- Gray, Brooks, Van Beck
Pg- Robinson, Davis, Dunnigan

This is how the depth chart could look next; that’s if Corey Davis signs, and Rob Gray returns. Very deep & talented group.

Harris can come in this summer

All 4 have question marks. Excited to see new players.

Can’t be any worse than this year, tho.

1 Like

More than deep, this is a group that will command attention. With the exception of Dotson this group has more pure potential than UH has seen in a very long time. Shooting guard will be a real strength of this team, especially with additional size under the boards to pull defenses in. Sampson is getting us there little by little. Next year the AAC might have 4 teams in the tournament as UCONN returns to form. That alone will help SOS.

1 Like

Gray would be smart to return. His small size will push him down in the draft. Many of the moves that work for him in college will get him killed in the NBA. Plus getting guarded by 6’5" guards who are quick and talented will impact his shooting. Where you are drafted has a big impact on your chances of both making the team and getting drafted. One more year to build his resume would help move him up - perhaps significantly - in the draft.

1 Like

CKS still feels Harris will be with us next year.

1 Like

Nice…so CKS told you; nice scoop, Ben.

https://twitter.com/coreythegreat_/status/841375872707887104

Down to 4. WKU and us are the only 2 that are held over from his final 6.

1 Like

Sounds like this kid is holding out for a better offer…surprised he took his hometown ULLA off the list…he would be a good fit here but he may not want to split time with Robinson…

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/842850359051661313

Pretty good sign that Berman interviewed him.

Hope so…I have a good feeling that he will come to UH.

Well, we had BETTER start getting some help in our recruiting; the inmates are getting restless! HOW LONG - OH LORD - ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE WE SEE A UH TEAM PLAYING IN THE NCAA’S AGAIN? HOW MUCH LONGER?

For him to come here I think he would have to be convinced he can start immediately over a two year starter. But I also think Sampson is smart enough that he can get the kid on the court playing either position. He would give us a point guard who can score and I would have to think that would be a huge plus…

Exactly, Butch. Davis & Gray in the backcourt together would be dynamic. Bring GR off the bench, and Van Beck to back up Gray. Would still love to bring in another big, but I doubt that happens.

This season coming up is very critical for CKS, as far as his future at UH goes; especially with the new arena opening up in 2018. If for some reason, things don’t work out for CKS, UH has the basketball facilities to attract a lot of coaching candidates. Go Coogs

@pray10 Cedrick Alley has been offered by Texas A&M & Texas Tech recently. Any updates on that front…I know he visit often, especially Hofeinz’s last game with Fabian White.

Is there going to be any attrition to the basketball team at UH this off-season ?!

No updates. Other than Alley was at A&M recently. I’d be surprised if he ends up at UH.

As far as I know, no attrition is expected. Gray and CKS seem to believe Gray will be back and no one else is really in a position to leave.

There is just not enough schollies for Alley. I think CKS top remaining target is Corey Davis. Which would put UH at the maximum (13) players on scholly.

Agreed. We need a PG more than anything for that last spot.