Coogs after Corey Davis - BOOM!

Arizona, Oklahoma St & LSU are going to be tough to beat. But, CKS gets the first visit. Time to earn your money, Kelvin.

Wait, does this mean he’s not taking a trip to Colorado now?

Obviously not. They’re not in his final 5. I have a great feeling about him coming to UH.

1 Like

Man, I hope you’re right, Progs. We need a point guard who can be a legit outside scoring threat. Assuming he does all those other things that CKS demands such as defend and rebound.

Hmmmm…kid changes his mind on a daily basis.

He would be a nice get, but if he goes elsewhere isn’t coach Sampson working on a point guard from Louisiana? Or is that for next year? And if we could get that big body JC kid this year I would be just elated…that said, if Robinson will work on his shooting in the off season he could be an elite point for us. It is not like GR can’t shoot…but he does need improvement in that area…

1 Like

This was the weekend he was scheduled for Colorado and the weekend after his UH visit.

https://twitter.com/CoreyTheGreat_/status/848270298168393736

Is the team full or can they still get Davis or Harris?

1 Like

One spot left unless someone transfers out.

I still like UH chances. I know UH has indeed offer him, and have an official visit set up. If he really likes to come here I would think he would commit to UH after the visit. That would leave UH with zero ships if he does indeed commit.

Still, no big man to come in, and compete with Brady & Val at the center position. UH may just have several ships open for 2018 if CKS does use all of the ships. Maybe someone like Dunnigan transfers if Chris Harris enrolls to UH.

Nigel Hawkins & Jamal Bieniemy I believe would be the top prospects CKS would loved to land to replace Rob Gray & Van Beck in 2018. That would make an intriguing dynamic backcourt going into the gorgeous brand new Fertitta Center.

1 Like

We already have an excellent class coming in. Sampson, despite all the adversities, is slowly molding our Coogs with kids who can play and fit his style of play. We now have three of the top 30 players in Texas coming in for next year along with a pair of ranked JUCO players.
Brady and Val will battle for playing time in the middle next year, but Sampson should have so many options to pick from. Alley and White can both play defense and shoot the rock. I expect to have more quality depth next year, and yes I expect us to probably make the NIT again next year.
But deep down I think we have the talent to make a run at the dance. But being an old timer I like to simmer my expectations until it actually happens. We have waited a while, but I can see Sampson building us back into a national name within the next few years…

3 Likes

I mean UH is okay at center IF both Brady & Val become quality players. Let’s say Corey Davis takes the final scholarship. That would leave UH with 4 to give out in 2018. With this recruiting momentum going right now, and if UH makes the dance; UH can bring a stellar class in 2018. Probably bring in 2 guards, 1 wing, 1 big possibly.

1 Like

Progs

I really want to commend you on how far you’ve come in your communication and language skills.

When you first started posting several years ago, your posts were hard to read and contained a lot of errors. Now, I hardly ever see mistakes in grammar or spelling, and your thoughts are coherently expressed.

And I see you’ve learned Excel as well.

Great job, man.

2 Likes

Sometimes I think you are sooo pessimistic it is hard to read your comments sometimes. But I think you are spot on here. All the foolishness of criticizing Sampson has been silly at best. It is taking time, but he is a great coach and he is building a foundation for a really good program. With his coaching ability and a new arena, I look for this program to really make big strides in the next few years.

1 Like

I want to second what CR said, Progs.

I think Davis ends up at LSU. He’s from Louisiana, they’ll have a new coach, and he would probably come in and have a good chance of starting based off their guard play last year.

I think if he chooses Houston, he’ll be coming off the bench and playing about 20 minutes a game with Robinson and Gray still around. I think he wants that starting job and I’m not sure he’ll be the starter in Houston either this year or next. I think the only way he commits is if Gray changes his mind and decides to leave.

Edit to add: I was completely wrong about Alley recently so hopefully I’m wrong on Davis as well.

I think it’s 50-50. On one hand LSU is his hometown school, on the other UH offers him the best chance to win big IMO. I think it all depends on which coach sells their basketball program better when he takes on both of his official visits.

Side note: I think UH is in pretty good shape with Nigel Hawkins out of Cy-Falls.

Actually ULLA is his hometown school and committed to them out of high school. That said, I am sure most kids who come out of Louisiana would love to play for the Tigers…

He considers LSU as one of his hometown schools.

Well sure he does, it is home state…lol…he said “one of my hometown schools in Louisiana…” anyways, I think we can move on from this kid…JMO…