Coogs announce signing of 6'5" Daphane White

White attended Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College the past two seasons. She averaged 15.7 points, 11.0 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks per game during the 2019-'20 season and earned Second Team NJCAA All-American honors.

White graduated from St. Martin High School in Ocean Springs, MS and was a five-star prospect in high school. She was ranked 45th nationally via espnW’s HoopGurlz Class of 2018 rankings. White averaged 25.8 points, 14.7 rebounds, and 5.7 blocks per game her senior season in high school.

She signed with Mississippi State and appeared in Mississippi State’s three games during an overseas trip in 2018. She averaged 3.3 points and 4.0 rebounds in 7.3 minutes per game. However, she decided to transfer from Mississippi State to attend Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

In January 2019, White told WLOX in Perkinston, MS: “I just felt like it wasn’t - I didn’t like it there. I just felt like I wanted to start over with my whole process of choosing better. Choosing what I wanted to do, a college that I really wanted to go to, where I fit in. I came (to Gulf Coast) to just start the process over."

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/daphh21/status/1250549690036293632?s=09

1 Like

She can come in and start. Coach Hughley finally has the pieces to compete minus UCONN. Now or never for CRH

How many times has that been said over the years? Let’s see if they all get into school and then how long they stay.
We have been mid/lower in AAC so let’s see if we at least get to be competitive in a now very weak conference