Coogs as 4 seed

You’re down playing us way too much, a tourney win would mean two more top 15 wins, that is at least good for a #3 seed. I know the committee undersells our conference but it’s much better this year than in years past

Once again, TeamRankings is one of the most INACCURATE predictors of seeds ever.

As a general rule, 4 & 5 seeds make the Sweet 16 about 50% of the time. 6 seeds make it 33%. 7 seeds make it 18%. 8 seeds make it 10%. 9 seeds make it 4%.

Give me a 6 seed every day of the week over a 7 seed.

If we beat UCF and lose to Wichita, I think we are a 6 or a 7.

If we beat both, and lose in the finals, I think we are a 5.

If we win out, I think we are a 4.

Since there’s not much difference between 4s and 5s, the key game will be Wichita St assuming we survive UCF.

5 Likes

That is because they are using computers. Their seed prediction is saying where we SHOULD be seeded, not where people decide to put us.

2 Likes

It’s just friendly conversation CougarRed.

Two major mistakes you made there. One, you assumed that no one else can upset Cincy or Wichita State before we play them. Two, you assume the committee doesn’t care about conference affiliation or school tourney history.

1 Like

There is always one or two conference tournaments the committee doesn’t seem to watch or care about all the way through every year. You can tell by the seeding. We have no bubble teams in the AAC and our championship game is on Sunday afternoon so if we make the final don’t expect a big jump for winning it, especially if it’s us and cincy. The committee will be tired of changing their precious bracket around by then.

I know upsets can happen… But Cincy & Wichita St are much better than their potential opponents. Saying that, anything can happen.